3

"Okay so now what do we do?" I asked turning to the boy.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. You aren't going to do anything while your here, alright?" he said with one hand on his side. He looked at me to make sure I understood, so I nodded to let him know I did.

"Good. I'mma be right back. You can sit if you want. Demon monsters don't just come and go quickly. Especially during a raid like this one," he said before heading upstairs. Wow, well this is a new one for me.

I sat down on his couch and looked around the room. There wasn't any pictures hanging up or anything like that. There stood a giant TV in front if where I was sitting and next to me was an armchair where he placed his belt of odd looking weapons

I saw the boy slowly come back downstairs wearing now a ruined grey tee instead of his blood-soaked hoodie he had on before.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I said as I watched him clutch the railing of the stairs. He ignored my question and sat down in the armchair. His head was tilted upwards against the chair and he let out a heavy sigh.

"What the hell are you doing out in the streets by yourself anyways?" He asked still not looking at me.

"I was just on my way to my friend's house. That's all," I said.

"Mmm."

"And my friend's house isn't that far from mine. Plus I didn't even know there was going to be a raid," I said.

"Ah fuck this isn't good," he said quietly as he winced in pain. I really wanted to help but I didn't how.

"So what's your name?" I said hoping to at least get his mind off from the pain.

"Why?" He said not looking at me.

"So it seems less like I'm sitting in a stranger's home."

"Yours," he said after a moments of silence.

"Cacey Adler," I said to him. He didn't say anything and for a second it actually looked like he was dead.

"So you fight demon monsters for a living?" I said trying to start up another conversation.

"Okay, your small talk is actually hurting me more," he said finally looking at me.

His phone then vibrated and he slowly took it out.

"Dammit," the man said before texting something back.

"What's wrong?"

"Let's just say I'm supposed to be out there doing my job instead of babysitting you," he said as he held up his phone to his ear.

"Hey. Yeah I'm home doing something, I'll be out in a second." Once he finished his phone call, he slowly got up.

"Wait what are you doing?" I said getting up as well.

"Stay here." He grabbed another portal cube from his pockets and threw it on the ground.

"What you're just gonna leave me here!?"

"Don't touch anything," he said as he entered in the portal before. What the hell!? This can't seriously be happening.

I stared at where he had opened the portal for a second. Yep, this is seriously happening... I turned around and started to wander around the house. There weren't any pictures, no CD's, no anything really. Next to the kitchen however was a two door cabinet shelf that was locked. Do I even wanna know what's in there? I took my attention away from the cabinet and looked upstairs and went upstairs.

As I walked up the set of stairs, I saw that there were three rooms. The middle door was slightly open and revealed a bathroom on the other side. I went into the room to the right of the bathroom and inside was a basic set up for a bedroom.

Leaving the room, I started to make my way across into the other room, but when I tried to open it, it was locked. Well I guess that concludes my tour.

~~~

I stretched out my arms and rubbed my neck in response to the horrible sleeping position I was in. I sat up and nearly jumped when I saw the boy sitting on the chair sharpening his knife.

"God you scared me," I said regaining my composure. He didn't respond. "Can you look any more threatening?" I gestured at the knife in his hand.

He looked up and stared at me for a few seconds. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he said in sort of a sarcastic tone. I opened my mouth to respond but decided to just let it go.

"So is the raid over?"

"It's been over. It's the next day," he said.

I stared at him in disbelief for a second. "You're joking." He then pointed at my phone with his knife and without hesitation, I quickly grabbed it to check.

"Oh my god." I sighed after reading 6am on my phone. "Why the hell didn't you wake me!?"

"C'mon I'll drive you."

"Can't you just open a portal or something." He took the cube he threw yesterday out of his pocket and it slowly started to turn blue from its dull, grey complexion.

"I can now." he said giving me the cube. "Think of where you want to go and throw it on the ground."

Doing as he said, I thought of my house and threw the cube. Once it landed, a portal opened up and on the other side was the front of my house. Okay that's actually pretty cool.

"You still don't want to tell me your name?" I asked before going through.

"Tell you what, if for some odd coincidence we meet again, I'll tell you. But as of now, you don't know who I am and none of this happened," he said as I stepped in the portal. Once on the other side, he picked up the cube and just like that, the portal closed and I was home. When I walked into my house, my mom was reading a magazine in her lap when she looked up.

"Oh thank god your home safe," she said as she got up and hugged me.

"I'm fine. You can let go now," I said burried in her arms.

"Are you sure your fine? Did anything happen? No demon monsters came close to you, right?" She said not giving me enough time to answer any of her questions.

Before answering, I couldn't help but think about the boy saving me and letting me stay at his house until it was safe, but I obviously wasn't going to tell mom about any of that.

"I'm fine mom. I made it to Jess's house before any demon monsters came by and decided to stay for the night."

"Oh that's good. You made a right choice in staying at Jessica's." She then kissed my forehead before going into her room. As much as I feel bad for lying to my mom, sometimes I feel like it's for the best. And after what happened yesterday, it proves that somethings are just best kept to yourself.