Don't Flatter Yourself

"Paris!" I got the wind knocked out of me. I looked down to see alex's little sister marissa. she loves me.

"Rissy!" I said smiling.

"You're so grown up!" she was probably 10 or 11. She smiled.

"I know I'm already ten years old." I opened my mouth like 'wow!' and I looked up to see Ms. Landon.

"Hi sweetheart how are you?" She said hugging me.

"I'm great how are you?" I asked when she pulled away. She shook her head and looked at my parents.

"She is so beautiful." I blushed.

"Thank you. you look exactly the same as you did thirteen years ago." she smiled.

"Sweet girl. Charlie is here. he'll be back from school soon. so will Alex."

We caught up and the door opened.

"Mom?" he said. Of course. Alex was here! Everybody loves him. yay. I sat down and looked at the ground.

The parents started talking and I saw someones shoes in front of me. I looked up to see Alex smiling cockily.

"Don't I get a hug ferret?" he asked smirking. I smiled back.

"Sorry I don't feel comfortable doing that." I stood up and tried to walk away but he pulled me

back into a hug. Of course something cold froze my back.

Ice, perfect.

I spazzed and he smiled innocently.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I glared at him and got the ice out.

"I'm taking a walk." I said. My mom stopped me.

"Why don't you take Alex. Show him around." I sighed.

"I'd really rather..."

"What a great idea Mrs. M! Thanks P!" I rolled my eyes and walked outside.

"Ferret wait." I kept walking.

"It's sad you can't catch up with me." He grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Hey." he said. "Stop doing that. Just walking out on me. Cuz we both know that you don't want to." I rolled my eyes.

"I live to walk out on you. Now let go and let me walk or my life won't have a purpose." he sighed and looked up.

"Charlie." I turned around quickly an saw him.

He looked like an older Alex, but he was much nicer, and he was one of my best friends back home.

"Paris?" he said smiling.

"Charlie!" I said smiling and running over to hug him.

"Good to see you too!" I pulled away.

"Sorry. I just missed you." I heard Alec scoff.

"Psh. He gets a hug and an "oh my god I missed you." and what do I get." I ignored him.

Charlie smiled and looked over me.

"Oh my god you look gorgeous!" he said. I looked at him.

"You don't look that bad yourself." Alex cut in again.

"What about me? C'mon I'm a mini Charlie! You can't say I don't look good too!" I rolled my eyes again.

"Don't flatter yourself." he chuckled.

"If I were you I wouldn't flatter myself either. When I look at you I just see that soaking wet girl looking at me from the lake. It's not a pretty sight." Charlie gave him a look.

"What?" Alex said. "Mom tells me to be honest." I smiled.

"Now that we are done insulting me, how about we go home!" I said turning around and walking towards my house. I heard Alex say,

"Shut it." I wondered what they were talking about.