Prologue

Darkness.

It was peripheral; up, down, left and right... a sheer blackness Orva Willower called home.

"Orva, you must come inside, it's almost time," Ma Grace called with urgency from the kitchen.

"Soon, Ma Grace, soon." Her voice was tranquil and for once she was at peace with the world. She turned her attention to the sound of her mother's voice before returning to the oblivion behind her closed eyelids.

"Soon..." she muttered to herself, "soon."

Orva did not want 'soon' to come. She did not want to disappoint her mother for the 3rd consecutive time that week. She knew exactly how to please her... but she couldn't. She was too afraid. All she had to do was reveal her Gift and be given training to control it... but she couldn't. It wasn't right.

Orva's Gift was allowed because everyone's Gift lawfully had to be accepted however Orva's was rare and dangerous. Extremely rare and dangerous.

Only 1 other person had had it in the last 300 years and they had suffered from an early death which is unheard of on Plionia. They were only in their 20s so the stories go.

Orva didn't worry about that, no, no. Orva worried about the fact that she was a 16 year old Hacker.

A/N: This is the third time I've posted this book after deleting it, apologies! I'm just really unsure about it so I may just release the chapters gradually...

If you have any thoughts on this chapter please don't hesitate to tell me them.