~Chapter 6~

I see a spray of blood hit the wall to my right before I even feel it. It doesn't hurt at first, it's like a twinge. I look down at my right arm and I see blood spurting out everywhere. I scream the best I can but the gag in my mouth makes it nearly impossible. There's blood in my eyes and I'm having trouble seeing the dark basement we are in. I can hear the screams of my two best friends coming from somewhere. It sounds far away and I am lightheaded. I try to move, maybe I can break out of these ropes or whatever are pinning me to the ground. Suddenly I realize what has happened. My right arm is gone, as in cut off. Good old Mary has lost it you see, she took a saw to my arm. Then I see her sociopathic face smiling down on me. There are drops and smears of blood scattering her face like a finger painting.
"You didn't give me a choice." She says, so calmly. She looks completely at peace. "I had to do this!" The calmness is gone and I see the anger rise up in her eyes. I feel something cold being poured into my stub of an arm. It burns and stings so badly I almost throw up. I think for a moment she put a million bees on me, then I realize it must be alcohol or something. I try to scream again but muffled whimpers are the only sound that escape. A rush of fear and a sinking feeling creeps through the depths of my body when I don't hear anymore screams from my friends, the friends that I begged to come over to Mary's house and ask if she was the one sending the texts. Mary must see this sudden change in expression as I glance around, desperate to see something, anything.
"They're dead, sweetie. Mean girls like you deserved it." I see Alex out of the corner of my eye walking towards us. He tricked me, he told me to meet him here. He told me we would figure out who was sending the texts.
"I can't do it." He says through gritted teeth. I feel a bit relieved. Maybe they are still alive. I hear a whimper from some where. They're okay, for now.
"Watch her!" Mary points at me and jumps up.
"Nmmmoh!!" I try as hard as I can to yell, to get her to stop. I pinch my eyes shut and try to block the sounds. I don't want to hear my friends die. Alex looks scared and is sort of hyperventilating or something. Suddenly he darts for the stairs and disappears. The next thing I know an even more crazed Mary is running over to me.
"Where is he?!" She's panicking full out now. She kicks me and I grunt. How does she expect me to answer if I'm gagged for Peats sake. She runs for the stairs and I'm all alone in this darkness. Is it possible to be suffocated by air? I try to blink away the stars that are speckling my eyes but I can't seem to. Soon I can barely see anything but stars in my eyes and then I hear it. Sirens. Red lights flash into the small crack of a window by the ceiling on the basement wall. That's the last thing I remember before my eyes close and I think it will be for good this time.

~One month earlier~

"Everyone wants you dead."
That's what the text reads. I text back quickly.
"WHO IS THIS?!"
There is no answer so I put my phone down and focus back on the show I'm watching, Say Yes to the Dress. My phone buzzes and I jump. Nowadays I have a freaking heart attack every time I get a text. It's just my mom asking where I am. She's so stupid. I'm sitting in her house. I tell her I'm in my room and close my eyes. My phone buzzes again but I just toss it across the room onto a chair. Tonight I'm going camping and I'll forget all about the punk that's texting me. Sounds pretty good to me.