Chapter 2

Today I was going to go to Hogwarts.  I walked outside carrying my trunk and saw an animagus/cat walking towards me.  I smiled at it and we walked behind a building and she changed back to human form.  She introduced herself as professor and deputy headmistress Minerva Mcgonagall.  I shook her hand and we apparated to Hogwarts; I looked around and smirked; this year I was going to surprise everyone and I knew it.  I unpacked my things, transfigured a rock into a broom, and flew to the Leaky Cauldron, unnoticed of course.

  I smiled and entered Diagon Alley.  I walked into Ollivanders first and saw an old man who turned to me and smiled  "Welcome, what is your name?" He asked.  I smiled and said "My name is Nathaira Potter."  He looked shocked for a moment then he kindly smiled again and walked to a shelf somewhere and grabbed a box and said "Hawthorn, slightly yielding, 11 inches, dragon heartstring." He handed it to me and I felt my powers and the wand core become one and I knew I had found the right wand.  I smiled at Ollivander and payed him before leaving the shop and going to the robe shop.

  I walked in and saw a pale blonde boy with pointed features, pale pink cheeks and platinum blonde hair.  He was quite cute and I felt like something in my soul was calling out to him.  I was greeted by a nice lady who told me to stand on a stool and she would fit my robes.  I nodded and stood on the stool next to the pale boy.  He looked over at me and said "Hi I'm Draco Malfoy, and you are?" I smirked at him and replied "You should know already, considering I'm famous." He looked confused for a moment then he turned to look at me properly and realization passed over his face and he looked awestruck "You're Nathaira Potter aren't you?" I smirked and nodded while saying "Yes I am,what house are you in?" "My entire family has been in Slytherin and I plan to be a Slytherin as well." He replied I nodded in acknowledgment and said "My mom was muggle born and my dad was from a family of pure blood Gryffindor, but I plan to be Slytherin as well." He nodded in acknowledgment and said "So you're a half blood,I'm a pure blood." I nodded again and then the woman finished fitting his robes and he walked out of the shop.  

 The woman then turned to me and said "What can I do for ya sweetie?" "I would like some new dress robes and some Hogwarts robes please." I replied.  She nodded and said "What color dress robes, Hun?" "Black, please" I replied.  She nodded and pulled out some different samples of materials in different shades of black.  I stepped down from the stool and felt and looked at all the samples, I decided on some black silk.  She nodded and showed me a few different shapes of dresses and I decided on some sleeveless medium length dresses.  I thanked the woman and left the shop.  I walked into Flourish and Blotts and bought my school books as well as some advanced spell and potion books and some books on classes I'm not allowed to take yet, like Care of magical creatures, Arithmacy, and Ancient ruins.  I also got some books like Hogwarts: a History and some books on veelas,  werewolves and other creatures that I find fascinating.

  I paid the shop owner and levitated my books to a shop where I bought my school bag, put an extension charm on the bag and put all my school supplies in it.  Then,I went into a pet shop and bought a great gray owl who I named Pepper and a calico cat which I named Drachen, which is German for dragon.  

Since I was finished with all my school shopping I went into a quidditch shop and bought everything I would need if I were to play and a broom, it was a nimbus 2000.  I knew first years couldn't have their own brooms but I just wanted to be prepared for if I wanted to play quidditch.  After exiting the shop I exited Diagon Alley and used my new broom to fly back to Hogwarts.