The Melancholy of Sakura Miyanagi!

Hi, my name is Sakura Miyanagi. I'm fourteen years old and I stand at a pretty good 5'9½. To tell you the truth, I'm actually dreading my life as of this moment...

Dear Tamaki-Stickered Diary,

Did I ever mention how life sucks? Seriously, moving is horrible. From America to France wasn't bad - I was itching to leave the Windy City. But now I have to move from France to JAPAN? The world, I swear, is trying very hard to kill me. My good friend Tamaki Suoh and I are moving to Japan - together, that is - thanks to something called 'family connections'. If I could draw a tree - I mean, seriously draw a tree - I would show you, but since I'm losing credits as we (I?) speak, I'll just write it down: Tamaki's mother is my godmother, or so I'm left to believe. It's crazy how simple a car crash can lead to lost identities in the neverending abyass called life.

Before I get all freaky and sentimental, I'm going to stop here.

- Sakura.

— ★ —

“Sakura!" Tamaki called. “Let's go!"

“No! I'm not leaving! If I want to see your grandmother, I'll wait 'till she's dead!" The thought of seeing those cold, beady eyes made me shudder.

“Now, Ringo..." Anne-Sophie (A.K.A: Aunt Sophie) said, patting down my jet black hair. "Please, just go to Japan. I'd feel extremely guilty if I didn't allow you to go for my sake..."

“Allow me to upchuck if you think that I'm going there." I muttered.

“We know that you're mad about dying your red hair black..."

“And that you had to change your odd ruby red eyes," piped in Tamaki.

“But life is full of changes so bear with it!" They finished with a flourish.

I rolled my eyes. My one hundred percent hazel eyes. “Thank you, Doctor Phil and Oprah."

Aunt Sophie pecked my cheek. "I love you, Ringo. Write, alright?"

'Ringo' was a nickname that was cleverly thought up by Tamaki. "Because everything about you remind me of apples!" He always said.

I sighed. “Everything's crumbling apart..." 

“Try remembering all the good times, Ringo~!" Tamaki said cheerfully. “Besides, we don't have to leave until 10.”

I groaned. "I only have six hours to remember ten years of this place?”

He grinned. “I know what'll make ya feel better. To the treehouse!"

I got up from my bed and jumped out the window. Tamaki followed and we went straight to 'our'- really, mine - tree house. It was pretty spacey.

“Remember when this was first made?" He asked.

"And that you wanted to 'experiment' with me?" I smiled wryly. "Not only did we fall out of the window, I broke my arm!”

“And then the maids thought that we were making out!" He started grinning like an idiot. “How about we do that again, for many more memories to come?"

I raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, no. I doubt they'll believe us if we denied the romanticness that it may exude for a second time.”

“Well, I believe that..."

I got up and kissed him on the cheek. “There, new memory."

He tilted my face up and kissed me on my lips. I turned scarlet.