Goodbyes...

I know what you're thinking.

And it's not true.

Goodbyes are not always as sad as cheap portray them to be. I actually am quite fond of them. That however is not the full truth. I keep a recording in my $0.99 notebook. It's my little game. If I slip up, I loose, and I never loose. Ever.

I have been pretty much everywhere in this country. You think I'm kidding but I move ALOT. I'm a foster kid and never have known it any other way.

My final memory of my parents was in New York City. I was a tender 3 years old when they left me. Mom said she would get ice cream for me and dad, so we sat ourselves down on a park bench. 15 minutes she still wasn't back so dad told me to stay put until he and mom returned. At the time I wasn't worried. I mean, my three year old brain thought that the world was in my control, so life was good. But then one hour later, I was still ice cream less and bored. I played with the ducks until a police officer asked me where my folks are. I responded with "I don't know". I've been victim to cruelty ever since.

I guess you can say the rest is history.

I've been moving around the country ever since. The early years were pleasant, but who wouldn't be nice to a little kid? I spent a year in an adoption agency but some how I was still unwanted. Then a very nice lady that told me her name was Betty told me she would take me to a very nice new family. I stayed with them for 5 months but then they suddenly they fell victim to foreclosure an. I was sent to another family. Then another. And another. Can you imagine what that does to a kid? That feeling of unwanted never goes away, like a scar that never heals.

They tried therapy, but I'm to calloused for something as soft as that.

But my life did a double take at age ten. The worst part was that I was actually starting to get used to this family. They had a girl my age, and a new puppy that followed me around everywhere. Then they moved me. Across town. To a women that was half-mad. The worst part was when ever I walked her spoiled shitzu around the neighborhood, I was bound to have a awkward run-in with my old family. This crazy old lady was abusive too.Enough said. She was only doing it for the benefit check. After that I realized that I had to stand my ground and be a force to be reckoned with. From that point on, nobody would push me around.