Chapter 1: The Piano Boy

Dipper POV

It was 1925, it was a nice Tuesday evening. A quiet one I do say so myself. There were no fights and no pretty dolls to my site. It was just another boring day. Of course I did have to play the piano for my sister. She was wearing her nice and pink evening dress with the peacock head piece and with her beautiful voice. It warms my heart to hear her sing. With our parents kicking the bucket we had to live with our great uncles Stanley and Stanford up in Gravity Falls, Oregon, when we were only twelve years old. They own a joint... that is what they say. The truth is that they are huge mobsters, at least Stan is. A big time gambler he is. Bumping off people who gets in his way and the dames come crawling to him. Ford in the other hands owns the joint and doesn't bump off people, that I know off. Ford is the one that keep the secrets and not just from the coppers. I don't even know what he did in his past. He doesn't say much.

Well now since I've worker at this joint for 8 years, I picked up a few things but nobody seems to notice. Everyone just thinks that I'm just the piano player at the Mystery Shack Bar or that dame's music box. For 8 years this has been going on and I'm getting pretty sick of it. I'm tired of being the Big Cheese's great nephew or the dame's music box. I'm 20 now and I think I can join in the mob. What can they do...bump me off? Ha!

"Dipper." Mabel said as she raps her arms around me, "What are you writing?" I close my journal, "Nothing sis, don't worry about it. Now are you ready to shine?" I ask. Mabel sigh, "I don't know, Dipper". Then she sat on my lap, "Dipper, I'm a young 20 year old Doll and I've been performing for about 8 years. But I still get the heebie-jeebies when I go out there." "Oh Mabel, don't need to get the heebie-jeebies. You have a perfect voice and you are a doll. Don't worry about a thing." Then I kissed her on the cheek. "Now let's shine."

We went out there and Mabel sings her favorite song, Shine like the Moon. It was a nice song and it really brings out her voice and it was quite eachy. Out there I'm guessing that there was about I'll guess 100 people. Most of them are men and their molls or dames. It was a quiet night like I said before. Usually there would be more people than this but it's a Tuesday night.

Before I knew it the beautiful song was over. They apload and whistle, of course to my sister. I'm a nobody that is a dame's piano player.

We played and singed many songs over the night, and then Mabel was ready to take a break and rest her voice and dogs. I needed the break to rest my fingers. I went out and was looking at myself in the mirror. I don't understand why dolls don't crawl to me. I'm a very talented and swell man. I wore the nice dress pants, tie, and suspenders, and the fedora. What isn't swelling about me?

Then I heard a crash. "Mabel?" I called out. That came from her dressing room. I then quickly went to the door and it was lock. "Mabel?" I called out. "Stay away from me!" I heard her cried out. "Mabel!" I called out. Then there was more shuffling and glass breaking. "Mabel!" I called out then I went over and kicked the door open. Mabel gasps a bit and I saw a man there. "Hey!" I snap. I saw Mabel so happy to see me and she came right behind me, "Dipper! He tried to hurt me." "Oh come on doll, don't be a snitch." The man sneer. "You know what fella, if the lady said scram then you scram. You hear me!" I hiss. The man laugh. I could tell that he was swell man, by how his suit was nicely laid on his body. "Why do I listen to that in a dame? She has good grams and the looks and the voice of an angel. I like what I see and I get what I like."

"Well too bad for you because she is off limits. Scram or I'll bop you!" I hiss. The man laugh, "Oh yeah?" then he swing a fist and I dough it then I try to hit him but he grab my arm and flip me over and I landed on the ground. Then he kicks me in the rips hard. "Don't hurt him!" Mabel cried out then tried to hit him but she was a doll and he is a big six bimbo. That doesn't mix. "This isn't your fight dame." Then he just shoves her off and Mabel ran into a chair and fell to the floor. "Don't hurt her!" I snap as I got to my feet. Then I tackle him. We both fell to the ground but he just tossed me off of him as I was a sack of potatoes. Then he came on top of my and throwing hits at me. Then Mabel came back and got on top of the man. "Get off of him!" Mabel started to throw hits down at the man but they won't do any good. The man just shook her off again. But it gave me a chance to get back to my feet and tackle the man again.