~Love Like You~

Squidward and Lapis had been dating for almost a week. Everyday Lapis felt guiltier and guiltier. She worried for Squidward, but she worried more about the world above; Steven, the Crystal Gems, and Earth itself. She wanted to tell Steven how much she missed him, that she was free from Malachite, and she wanted to join him and help him fight and learn more about his gem abilities. She wanted to make amends with the 3 gems. She just wanted to go home. How could she tell Squidward, after he had helped her free herself from Jasper. She decided after lots of thinking, and crying, she should leave Squidward. She confronted him at his home, around 8 o' clock.
Squidward was relaxing at home from a long day of work. He was sipping tea from his couch when he heard a knock on his door.
"I'm coming!" he sighed. His mood suddenly shifted when he realized it was Lapis standing at his door. However, she wasn't feeling the same as he was to see her. "Lapis," he said in a serious tone, to match her expression. "Come in," he finally managed to get out. Lapis sat on Squidward's loveseat. She took a deep breath, obviously holding back tears. Squidward couldn't bare to hear what she had to say.
"Squidward," she said softly, her voice quivering. "I'm..leaving." Squidward's heart sank. His life was finally complete, and now she was leaving. She was the piece that completed his puzzle.
"Why, Lapis?!" he sobbed. Tears streamed down his green face. Lapis choked on tears.
"I'm sorry." She began to sing.
If I could..begin to be,
half of what you think of me,
I could to about anything,
I could even learn how to love..like you.

She whimpered and turned away from him.
"Listen to me Squidward," she began, "Remember when I told you about Steven, who saved me from the mirror? He's so young.. I want to be there for him. I feel guilty. His world is going to tumble because of me, and I want to be there and make it up to him." Squidward understood and nodded for her to go. He was bawling so much he couldn't even speak. Lapis's water wings sprout from her gem.

"Goodbye, Squidward. I'll never forget you."
Lapis walked out of Squidward's home, a single tear beginning to stream from her eye. She flew away, out into the surface.

"Goodbye, Lapis.."