Day 1: Holding Hands

Rei took a breath, going over everything he had read in his mind. He read advice on situations such as his, and he thought he had everything down and set.

Everything other than the butterflies that flew in his stomach.

"Rei!" Someone called out, it was unmistakable who it was. Rei straightened up nervous, unsuspecting that Nagisa would be here on time.

Rei turned around to Nagisa, who was happy to see him. His mouth growing into a smile.

"What's up, Rei?" Nagisa greeted.

"Um, ahem," Rei coughed anxiously. "I-I know how amazing the sunset can be from up here." He looked out to the sky. They were above the town on a lookout, and the colors of the sky blended beautifully. "I thought I could see them with you."

Nagisa nodded, "Yeah, the view is really pretty from here!" He also looked up to the sky. Rei was mostly doing it to avoid eye contact, but it was still great out. "Did you invite anyone else?"

Rei again coughed, "Well, I- I actually wanted to ask- tell something alone." He took a breath, preparing himself. A quick overview of everything he read-

"Can you hold this?" Nagisa interrupted Rei's train of thought.

"Oh, yes." Rei instinctively said.

Then Nagisa set his hand into Rei's.

Nagisa was content with a little smile while admiring the sky. Rei looked down, then realization took him over after a few seconds.

Rei let out a surprised noise of some sort, while his face flushed red. "N-Nagisa-!" He shook his head, remembering the advice. Stay calm and chill! Rei smoothed himself out, just tense while the butterflies aggressively flew around now.

"What did you want to tell me Rei?" Nagisa asked not gazing away from the sun starting to set.

Rei looked at Nagisa and back to the sky. "I-" he tried controlling his breaths. "I just really like you."

Nagisa smiled, "Me too."