Chapter Two

So, I was going on a date with Harry Styles.

What I had said about thinking they were childish was true. But his cheeky smile and accent swooped me in and I felt dangerously pressured, by all the fans and what not, but I was excited.

I had curled my hair into dark ringlets, and they swayed as I examined myself. I wore a lavender, lace, strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and a silver cross necklace to fill the collarbone space. My shoes were silver flats with tiny bows. I felt good, excited.

I met him at the door, and he grinned brightly. He wore a suit. He had promised me a fancy dinner for the first date. "You look.. So gorgeous." He muttered in what was, had to be, awe. I had a slight blush, and I swallowed.

"Not so bad yourself." I said, hooking my elbow in his. His arm was warm around mine and I noticed the way he kept his grin on his face the entire time. "Do your dimples ever get tired?" I joked.

"Not really." He replied, and instantly I smiled, looking at my feet until we reached the car. It was black, smooth and slick. A man was in the front seat, driving. 

"What, your'e not gonna drive?" I asked.

"Why, when you have a someone to drive you?" He said, and I rolled my eyes but slid in as he opened the door for me. He went around to the other side, and we drove in silence for a moment before he talked again. "So. You can't tell me you haven't actually ever listened to our music?"

"That's a little cocky, don't you think?"

He chuckled. "Maybe. You really haven't?"

"Nope."

"That's interesting." He noted, but by his smile I could tell he was only teasing me. I liked the way his dimples showed off, even if it was a bit happy. 

We arrived at the restaurant, and I reminded myself I didn't think I'd ever be at a place this fancy or expensive again. We walked through on the smooth marble floors to the hostess, who smiled. "Hello."

"Hi, we have a table reserved." He grinned, and the hostess seemed to just take notice who he was. She brightened, nodding.

"Right this way." said another girl beside her, blond hair and all bad make up, but she seemed happy to be our waitress, at least. We followed her to a seperate room, where only a few people were sitting and were seated in a two person table with comfortable yet elegant chairs.

"I feel poor." I said when the waitress walked away. Harry laughed, and handed me a menu.

"That's silly."

"Did you say silly?"

"Yeah." He glanced at me, raising an eyebrow, and I bit my lip to keep from bursting out in laughter. Instead, I picked at my menu.

"I'll just get, like, a steak with some salad." I told the waitress, who seemed to dismiss me smugly but scribbled down my order. I didn't pay attention to what Harry ordered, because I was looking at his eyes and studying the color. When he caught me staring, I huffed and passed the waitress my menu, stirring the water they had brought. 

"So. You volunteer?" Harry asked.

"Well, duh."

"Regularly?"

"Yes." I replied.

He had a look on his face that I couldn't make out.. Maybe a bit mischievious. But then he relaxed as soon as our dinners came, and instantly I cut into mine. He was staring at me, a smirk plastered on his lips. I swallowed.

"What?"

"I've never seen a girl eat.. She always like, picks at her food." He commented, shrugging. I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay, you did not just call me fat."

"No! I didn't-"

"I'm joking." I informed him, before taking another bite. The steak was actually delicious- tender and cooked through. "This is delicious."

"Right?"

We ate on, and he asked me a bunch of questions to break the ice and keep it rolling. Eventually it was nine, and he paid the whole check. Lucky for me. I had actually planned on splitting, but I had left my purse at home. 

When we got to my house, he walked me to the door.

"Thank you." I told him.

"For what?"

"The date. It was a lot of fun." I smiled.

"I had fun, too." He said, and he gave me a soft kiss on the lips, just a brief kiss. "Goodnight, Eryn." He said as I smiled and entered the house, closing the door behind me.

Well. I'd definitely be talking to him soon.

I had to remind myself not to be needy each time I thought of him, and finally when I went to sleep I was able to make him push away. You know, until I had dreams.