Chapter 8

DESTINY

I laid in bed, not daring to move a single muscle. "Destiny you have to get out of bed. It's a lovely day today." Steven said, leaning against the door frame. I turned to look at him, smiling a little.

"I've spent the last three days in the bathroom, puking my guts outs because of one little movement, I don't want to risk it." I laughed. He pushed away from the door and walked to the bed. He sat on the edge, his back facing me.

"Talk to me Des." he started, not looking at me still. "Are you keeping it? Who's the father?" he asked, finally turning to look at me.

I took a deep breath, sitting up slowly. I was terrified, I had to admit it. I was positive that this child would probably going to be even worse than me. But then again, I could find someone to father him good.

"I'll keep it." I said, looking down at my hands. "I can't just get rid of it because it didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault, along with Co-" I stopped myself before I even spilt anything else. He raised an eyebrow at me, knowing that I almost said his name.

"Destiny, you can trust me." he said softly. I knew it was true, but I din't even want to tell Cole he was going to be a father. I snorted, thinking of how he would just close me out of his life. I would have this child alone without his help.

"I don't know who the father is." I lied softly. He looked at me in disbelief, I wans't sure if it was because he didn't believe me or because he thought I had slept with many guys. Not that I judged him, he had every right to think of me that way along with the rest of the world.

"You're lying." he stated, his words harsh and distant. I could feel my eyes tear up and I knew I would break his heart with what I was about to answer.

"I get paid more without protection. I must have missed my pill once." I lied smoothly, watching as his face turned from anger, to disappointment, to anger,to disgust, and to anger again. I bit my lower lip as he stood up from the bed, making it shake.

"Where did we go wrong?" he asked through gritted teeth. "My dad did everything he could to keep you away from evil. I tried my hardest in school to get you away from those that were just like you. Destiny, what the fuck is wrong with you?" he shouted, his face turning red and a couple of veins popping out from his neck.

"You guys didn't do anything wrong. A girl just goes through things that change her." I said softly, biting my lip to keep from smiling. "I fell for the wrong guy and he fucked me over."  He stayed quiet, processing everything I had just told him.

The truth was, I had never been in love, not until now. I had just gone against all of my father's wishes but I couldn't just tell him that. I needed him to think that it was because of some guy he couldn't keep me away from. He had always been there for me in high school, never letting any guys get near me. 

So in a way, this could be his fault. If it were true.

"Destiny," he said, his voice calm again.

"Forget it." I interrupted, pushing the cover away and getting out of bed. I slipped into some shorts and a tank. "I'm going out." I put my hair into a ponytail and left my bangs on my face. A couple of curls framed my cheeks, and I smiled at how young I looked. I looked for my high top navy blue converse and slipped them on. 

"Destiny, where are you going?" Steven asked, walking behind me. He had gotten in the protective brother stage again. I turned around and faced him.

"Steven, I'm twenty-one years old. I don't need my big brother to be watching over me anymore. Go out and find yourself a nice girl, marry her and have children with her." I said, grabbing my Rayban glasses before walking out the door. 

I got in the jeep and pulled out of the driveway. Steven stood at the door, shaking his head as he watched me leave. I took a deep breath, calming myself down before I head straight to the doctor. I rubbe dmy hands together, wiping them on the seats of my car.

The knock on my window sent my heart racing and my breath to quicken. I slowly turned to the window, sighign in relief as I saw Lyle standing there. I took the keys out of the ignition and opened the door slowly. 

"Couldn't get enough of me?" he joked, grinning down at me. I shurgged, faking a smile. He laughed, pulled me to him. "So have you thought of it Cookie?" he asked me softly.

"Uh, there's something I have to do first." I said, pointing to the building in front of us. He turned and nodded. "I just have an appointment and then I'll tell you what's going on." I said honestly, walking away from him.

I felt like crying, I didn't plan on telling Cole, but I really wanted someone to be there with me. My rbtoher couldn't be it because he had a life. I took another deep breath, taking a couple of steps forward. I heard steps behind me, then a hand in my hand. 

"I'll be here with you." Lyle said softly. I turned to look at him, giving him a smile. He gave me a reassuring squeeze and then pulle dme behind him. 

We waited for almost an hour. He was calm, silent as I kept moving something and talking about anything that came into my mind.

"Destiny, calm down." he said softly. I nodded my head, closing my eyes for a second.

"Destiny Moore," the nurse said, making my heart sprint in my chest. I opened my eyes and stood up slowly. I looked at Lyle and he smiled.

"I'll wait here." he said, throwing his hands behind his head and getting comfortable. I walked to the nurse, taking deep calming breaths. We went into a room, where there was a weight scale and the hieght meter thingy. 

"Okay, so how long have you known you've been pregnant?" she asked, leading me to a different room. She mtioned me to sit on the bed.

"Uh, well I just found out Tuesday." I said honestly.

She nodded, writting it down on her pad. She looke dup at me. "How late are you from you're period?" she asked,

"A week, but I've never been late in my life." I told her, my heart growing calmer by the second. She nodded and wrote it down again.

"Okay, well the Doctor Barcello will be here soon." she said, opening the door. "You just get comfortable and wait." she said. I nodded and laid back, looking at the picture they had on the ceiling. 

There was a knock on the door and then it opened. "Ms. Moore," the doctor said, holding a bottle of a gel-looking substance. I smiled, sitting up a little. "Okay, so you think you might be pregnant?" he asked, taking a seat on the stool close to the bed.

"Yeah, I know you said it would be impossible for me to get pregnant, but ithappened." I said, shrugging. He nodded and smiled down at me, setting the lights on low.

"Yes, well I'll see how that goes. Pull up your shirt and just relaxe." he said, putting ome gloves on. "This will be slightly cold." he said, squirting some of the liquid on my stomach.

"Holy shit!" I gasped, making him chuckle. "This is freaken cold" I said, laying my head back. He turned on the machine. I felt him spread the gel on my skin and then there was the sound of a small heart beat.

"There it is." he said, smiling. I looked at the screen, my eyes feeling up with tears. The smile on my face grew slowly, realizing that I had a small person in my. "You are about a month into your pregnacy." he said, printing out a picture of the small blod. 

He turned of the machine and cleaned up the goo. I sat up, looking at the picture. "Come back in six weeks Ms. Moore, and congrats." he said, turning back the lights and heading out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE:)