My Saviour.

Tianna's POV

I smile at the man before me and Andy introduces him as Jake. Melleny looks at me and smiles. I nonchalantly roll my eyes. Jake looks at me and winks at Andy, as if to say, ''She is like what you said.'' He smiles and looks at Melleny and goes closer to her.

They begin to talk and Andy points his head toward the water and I start off running into the beautiful, crystal water. Andy grabs my waist and picks me up. He plops me in the water and I laugh, coming up to seek revenge. I push him down but only for a few seconds. I sigh and Andy looks down at me, concerned. I say it's nothing and that I'll be okay. I swim back to the shore and lay on the soft, warm sand. I cover myself in it, like a security blanket. I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of those around me and drift into unconsciousness.

__________________________

I awake in the beginning of dusk. The sky is streaked with beautiful highlights of orange, red, pink, and purple. I see Andy sitting on a towel staring at the lake. He looks beautiful and I slowly get up. ''About time you get up!'' He jokes and begins to say, ''Melleny and Jake left a while ago, I think the beach is closed now, it's almost 8:00pm and everyone left. Nobody came by us to tell us to leave. If you want, we can stay here or we can go home.''

*Stay here?* I think as my mind slowly unfogs from sleep. I look at Andy and say, ''Well, we could stay here. I mean, if you really want.'' He smiles and yells,''Let's do it,''

''There's a blanket in the trunk and a pizza place down the road. We could order some food of you want.'' I say to Andy.

He gets up and I throw him the keys. He disappears into the night and I sit up, Looking at the lake and it's waves softly splashing against the shore. I lean my head back and think back to those four months ago, when I met Andy . I want to take my swim suit off but I think I left my clothes in the car. I look in my bag and nothing, they must be in the car. I get up and bring some dry sand towards where we are going to sleep. I spread it out and then I sit back down. My head is clear and I think about how fast Andy and I have gone about. I smile and then my memories go back to the dark days I've tried to keep buried, deep inside my mind.

I remember after what happened and cutting myself for the first time in years with a broken shard of glass. It stung but I did it again and again and each time the sting became a little less. I remember everything. I couldn't talk to a therapist about it because it hurt too much, and when I started cutting again that pain eased. I remember Melleny trying to help and me breaking down with her and her staying in my dorm for a few months that seem to blur together in one large, fuzzy picture. I remember wanting to commit suicide because I was so mad at myself for what happened even though it wasn't my fault. I wanted to escape my misery. I finally realized that it wasn't my fault about what happened and that I'd be ok but it seemed really hard. I finally stopped cutting after Melleny took my blades and threw them away.

My reverie is jolted out of me by the sound of a car and I realize it's Andy. I run up to the parking lot to where he is. He has a pizza and it smells delicious. He has a bottle of pop and I grab the blanket out of the trunk and find something I didn't realize I had, an old stereo that runs on batteries. The batteries are still full. I grab it and the blanket and run down the sand. I stop at the place where we are to sleep and straighten the towels out and then I put the radio on to a pop/rock station.

I grab the keys from Andy and look for my clothes. There's nothing. Goddamn Melleny! I run back down and slump against the makeshift bed. I let out a long, loud sigh and Andy looks over at me with concerned eyes. He says quietly, ''What's wrong?''

''Nothing,'' I quickly mumble but he looks at me and shakes his head.

'Okay fine! Geez, I just don't have any clothes here and I really don't want to wear a bikini but it's no big deal. It's ok, really. I promise.''

He gazes at me in the semi darkness and laughs at me. ''Here, take my shirt. I'll be okay and it's probably more comfortable than your swim suit. It's ok, wear it.'' He slides it over his body and I take in his body. He should belong in a museum along with statues of Adonis. He hands it to me and I turn around, quickly tugging on my bikini string and sliding the shirt over.

The shirt is warm and soft on my skin. I hear Andy open the pizza and I grab a slice, eating it. I finish and lay on my back looking at the sky, filled with a Million stars. I lose myself in deep thought and startle when Andy gets my attention. ''Hey,'' he says and I look at him, smiling.

''Hey to you.'' I say and he chuckles. ''Can I um, maybe ask you something? It's just that, this morning Melleny said something happened to you during spring break last year, and I was um, sorta wondering what it was.... But if you don't want to tell me, I completely understand.'' He finishes and I run a hand through my hair and brace myself for what I am about to say.

I start slowly and say,''We were at a beach party and everyone was getting drunk, but I don't drink much and I left it alone. Well, some senior I didn't know came up to me,'' I fight back the bile rising in my throat and continue, saying, ''He sta-started kissing me and he reeked of beer and I tried to fight him off, but he was strong and my attempts at fighting him were weak. He pushed me into a room, and and, he began raping me, and no one heard me and he knocked me out when I wouldn't stop screaming f-for help. After it happened, I woke up naked in the room, my clothes scattered everywhere and I hurt. I looked around for him but he was nowhere. I called Melleny and she helped me report it and everything but they didn't find him, He's probably long gone now.''

Andy sits up and rests on his elbows and stares at me with deep, dark eyes and looks down on me with a sad expression painted on his face. He places a hand in his and brings me closer to him. I rest my head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heartbeat and the crashing of the waves against the shore. He strokes my hair with his free hand and I close my eyes, wanting to relish this moment. I slowly sink into the realm of unconsciousness And drift away into a dreamy sleep.

__________________________

I awaken into the pale morning light and look over at Andy still peacefully asleep with his arms around my waist. I ease out of his grasp and look at the glistening, crystal blue shore. It smells fresh outside and the early morning dew makes it look even lovelier. He pulls his hand tighter around my waist as I try to get up, but finally I just resist and fall back into his embrace.

I feel a soft, feather-like breeze on my cheek and my hairs become small flyaways. Andy lifts his head up and whispers in my ear, ''I think we should get up, but I'm really comfortable, and well, I don't want you to leave.'' I respond with a chuckle and slowly pry his hands apart and get up, beginning to clean up from last night.

He turns on his back and slowly gets up. He wraps up the blankets and towels we slept on and I finish picking the garbage up and grab the radio. I race up to the car and find Andy waiting for me. I fish the keys out of my bag and unlock the car. Andy takes everything and places it in the truck. ''Shotgun,'' he calls and I throw him the keys. He turn the car on, and backs out of the parking lot. I reach behind the seat and grab my purse. Andy raises his eyebrows but says nothing. I grab my phone and see its blown up with text messages. Lovely, I think to myself.