Chapter 2

"You are flying back to the Philippines and you're going to stay there hanggang sa magtino ka!"  my mom's full of surprises but nothing surprised me more than this. 

"The heck? Mom naman! You know I don't want to be there! My friends are here, both of you are here!" Totoo naman talaga eh. My life is in here. I can't leave this place. This is where I belong.

"No! My decision is final! Since when did you even care about me when all you ever gave me was a life full of Principal's office calls and hardships? You will be flying to the Philippines tomorrow and you will be staying in our mansion in Laguna. You know the neighborhood, so you won't find a hard time making friends." Alam ko naman eh. Pabigat akong tao, pasaway. But they're the reason why I am being like this. 

Kaya ba talaga nila akong iwan mag-isa? Why are you even asking that question! You've been living for 18 years only seeing them when you're in trouble. Nothing's going to change, only your environment. But seriously speaking, I still can't. Ganito man ang ugali ko, I love them.  I love my parents.

"Dad naman, help me. I don't wanna leave." Hindi man kami close ni Mama, lalo naman kami ni Dad but I can't lose hope. He's my only chance of survival. 

"Sorry, Dear. But we've decided. Your Ninang Anna will be there for you. We already talked to her about this. So, don't worry too much." The moment na binigkas niya ang salitang 'sorry' do'n na bumagsak ang mga luha ko. Ganito naba talaga ka sakit ang mga ginagawa ko to the point na nag give-up na sila sakin?

"Okay." I stated while pacing myself back to my room. " I'll be in my room. I'll expect to see my ticket to be in my dresser when I wake up tomorrow morning." I was on my way up the stairs when I stopped. "Mom, Dad I know I was never the daughter that you wished for but please always remember that whatever I am today it's because of you. I love you so much that I would always wanted to be with you. When I tell you to go home you would always tell me you're busy so I thought that if I can't make you come to me then maybe the Principal could. Sorry Mom, Dad for being a disappointment to this family. Sorry for making you come to the Principal's office just to see you both. Sorry but that's the only way I know that I could feel your love. Goodnight."

I hurriedly ran to my room before they say anything. Wala na akong ibang maramdaman. I feel nothing. When I reached my room I fell into my knees and I was just crying. Crying. And crying. I never thought na aabot kami sa ganito. Noon todo deadma ang magulang ko sakin pero ngayon hindi na talaga nila ako papansinin. Hindi ko naman sinasadya eh. It may sound childish but it was all I wanted as a child. Their love and attention. Mahirap ba yun? I tried pleasing them but it didn't work but when I started to rebel nandyan na sila. I love them. I love my parents so much but they didn't let me feel what love is. 

I haven't notice that I drowse myself to sleep until I felt myself lifting up from the ground. I don't know who it is but I surely do know that it's a man. 

"Dad," I sniffled a cry. "please naman. I don't wanna be away from you. If Florida and Washington is far and I seldom see you how much more when I go to the Philippines?" 

I know my Dad was just thinking that I was dreaming. I kept my eye shut and muffled my pleas and cries.

"Shhh, shhh..." said my Dad as he lay me down on my bed and caressed my forehead. "Shhh... I'm sorry baby. I never thought you felt this way. I love you. We love you so much. We wanted to give everything to you but we never thought that we are so far from you. Maybe this is for the better. We will often visit you there. Philippines is not that far darling." He kissed my forehead before telling me he loves me and left my room. 

I woke up with tears rolling in my eyes. A bad dream. It has been two years but it haunted me like it just happened yesterday. I never got the chance to see my parents again after what happened. Though we talked over the phone but it wasn't much of a conversation. They were always in a hurry. I still am living in the mansion and has all the luxury pero bali-wala ang lahat ng ito dahil wala sila. 

Sabado ngayon. I thanked God na weekend ngayon kasi kung nagkataon late na naman akong nagising. Nagpunta ako ng banyo made my morning rituals and went downstairs. Habang pababa ako ng hagdan I heard two people talking kaya mas binilisan ko pa ang pagbaba. Then I saw him talking with butler John,  a retired sergeant at 50. 

Kahit ano man ang nangyari sa buhay ko Butler John was always there for me. Nandon siya nung mga panahong wala sila Mom and Dad sa tabi ko. Siya na ang naging pangalawa kong magulang. He never left me despite my attitude and that's why I love him like a real father. He taught me things that parents should be doing. He's a Filipino and I know he's happy to be back here in the Philippines.

I never knew my parents well. I never thought that my father can give me that fatherly love that I've always wanted to feel. As I've said, I hardly see them. I see them only when the Principal calls them.

"Bakit nandito ka?"  I asked my unwanted visitor. 

"Binibisita girlfriend ko." Aba kinareer niya na talaga ha. 

"Go home. I don't need you today. I have other plans." As I said those words I started walking towards the kitchen. "Butler John, paki sabi sa maid na e handa po ang breakfast ko." 

Agad na inutos ni John sa mga kasambahay ang aking agahan. As I sat in my usual chair in our 20 seater dining table umupo din siya sa tabi ko. He served me food like a real boyfriend would. 

"Did you cry?" Is it that obvious?

"No. Why?"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Liar." Then he flicked my forehead. 

"Ouch!" I said as I massaged my forehead. "That hurts you idiot!"

"Bad word, Babe." Then he started feeding me. "What happened? Bad Dream?"

Oww... he knows me too well. For a very short span of time he really does know me. 

"Yeah. The usual." I admitted. Wala namang kwenta kung hindi ako aamin eh alam na naman niya. 

He dearly kissed my forehead and hugged me. 

"Don't worry. I'll always be here for you. I will never leave you like what they did."

"Promise?"

"Promise. I'll be here, Forever and Always." And with that I hug him tight and we resumed eating. 

Sana hindi niya talaga ako iwan. He's the only person I have aside from Butler John. I can't take to be far away from him now that I fell in love with him. 

Yes, I love him. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N

I hope you liked my story. ^__^ Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote!