Quotes

“You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”

― Madeleine L'Engle

“I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”

― Nicholas Sparks

“A person's a person, no matter how small.”

― Dr. Seuss

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

― George Bernard Shaw

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”

― Charles Bukowski

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”

― Nicholas Sparks

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”

― Haruki Murakami,

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”

― C.S. Lewis

“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

― William Shakespeare

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”

― Mark Twain

“But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.”

― Khaled Hosseini

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”

― Ernest Hemingway

“Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”

― Mark Twain

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”

― Ernest Hemingway

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”

― Mark Twain

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”

― Rita Mae Brown

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.”

― Maya Angelou

“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”