Quotes

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

― Veronica Roth

“People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.”

― Lemony Snicket

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

― Stephen Chbosky

“What's meant to be will always find a way”

― Trisha Yearwood

“I would die for you. But I won't live for you.”

― Stephen Chbosky

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”

― L.M. Montgomery

“There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must of felt what it is to die, Morrel, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.

" Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, 'Wait and Hope.”

― Alexandre Dumas

“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

“I would always rather be happy than dignified.”

― Charlotte Brontë

“A book without words is like love without a kiss; it's empty.”

― Andrew Wolfe

“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”

― Albert Einstein

“Do you hate people?

I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”

― Charles Bukowski

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”

― Voltaire

“The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream.”

― Marilyn Monroe

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”

― George Bernard Shaw

“You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up.”

― Pat Conroy

“Books may well be the only true magic.”

― Alice Hoffman

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”

― John Green

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”

― Robert Frost

“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.”

― Bertrand Russell

“And I'm suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married...?" His voice tightened. "And meanwhile, I'll die a little bit more every day, watching.”

― Cassandra Clare

“I am a man" he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown.”

― Cassandra Clare

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

― Winston Churchill