Worst Enemy

You think you know what the chapter name is referring to. You don't.

You awoke with a large startle as you noticed a glow from your bedside table.

As soon as you had picked up the gem, you just knew it had something to do with Steven Universe and his weird family. They were nice, sure, but they were not very good conversationalists. But, even so, your first instinct wasn't to take the gemstone to them. You remembered when they had to evacuate the city, and how Ronaldo had said it was because of Steven, which you had no trouble believing.

The gem began to mold into a voodoo doll-like figure, then sprouting hair, and clothes shrinking and growing. Finally, it found its proper form, and you immediately stepped back.

It was large, and a woman. She had long, ruffled white hair, and piercing yellow eyes, flickering around her. She began to growl as she looked at you, rolling her eyes, then waking away. You slowly advanced towards her as she tentatively walked into your kitchen. Scared, you silently opened your silverware drawer, and grabbed a knife. You hurriedly ran towards her, raising your knife as you did so. Suddenly she turned, and grabbed you wrist, disarming and pushing you back.

"Puny runt, did you really think you could defeat a gem warrior?" She asked, her voice quite rough, but yet still feminine.

"If you are the gem warrior in question, then yes, yes I was. If not, carry on as you were." You said, hostility dripping from your tone.

The woman's brow furrowed, then relaxed as she stood up straight and released your wrist.

"There is no reason for me to converse with such a species of your ranking." And she walked away.

"Hey!" You yelled, grabbing her arm, then letting go as she stiffened.

"You're hurt, I can tell, and weak. At least stay in for the night."

She looked at you, bright eyes penetrating through your soul, and she slowly nodded her head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once, again, you were woken up by her. But this time, it wasn't a bright light. It was a loud, tumbling noise as she fell.

You walked into you kitchen, watching as the woman slowly began to prowl towards the counter, almost as if she were preparing to pounce.

"What are you doing?" You asked, mirth lacing your voice.

"W-what is it?" She asked, looking worriedly from you to the counter.

Waling towards the counter, you began to giggle seeing the object that had caused distraught to your new 'roommate'.

It was a spork.

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter, I figured I'd update today during my free period of time, since school is done for the week. I'll probably update again either tomorrow or tonight, depending on what time I go to sleep.