Chapter Three

---------

Hanna jumped through the trees with a fave void of any emotion, except shone in her eyes was amusement. Been a long time since I had anything interesting to do in this forest. Since its been so long...maybe I'll let myself get caught. I'll lead them to my old cottage. She smiled widely at her plan. "Exciting. Very exciting indeed."

---------

The special operations squad followed the trail that they thought was the way they went. "Is it true Levi was in love?" Jean asks aloud.

"It's possib--" Connie started but was cut off.

"Shut up. We shouldn't dwell on the past. Let's concentrate on the now." Levi said and zoomed forward.

"YOU SHOULD! YOU LET HER DIE!" The voice said from ahead of them.

"How could they hear from all the way over there?!" Eren asks.

"'CUZ YOUR HUGE ASS TITAN MOUTH IS HOW!"

Eren and the rest growled. They all slowly began to notice how the trees were becoming shorting and the ground was getting closer. "The forest is shrinking, let's go onto the ground. They're bound to also be reduced to running." Levi says.

"Yep! ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW!" They said from below. "Y'ALL ARE TOO SLOW!" 

Levi's eyes widened.

----flashback in Levi's mind-----

"Oi, oi, oi! Hurry up!" Hanna said as she ran ahead of Levi, carrying a load of bread.

"I'm coming! Just give me a second!" Levi shouted from behind her, struggling to carry a large bag of apples and another full of clothing.

"Ugh!" She complained and ran back to him. "Give me the bag, stupid." She said and snatched the bag from his grasp, lifting it easily onto her shoulder and running again.

"Y'ALL ARE TOO SLOW!" She shouted from ahead.

-----Flashback Over-----

His feet hit the ground along with the others, and they began to run towards the person at full speed. After at least 15 minutes of running, they began to tire out. They were running with all their might and yet the trees still blocked them from getting to their target.

Eventually, they all stopped running and put their hands on their knees, drenched in sweat. The sounds of animals and birds filled the air. They looked astound and saw a beautiful green forest (above).

"What-What is this place?" Christa asked in awe.

"I don't know but I think there's meat here." Sasha said, thinking of all the animals with meat on its bones.

"What's that?" Jean asks, pointing to a structure that was beside a small pond. "A hut?"

Everyone approached the little building that was made of logs. "It looks homemade." Christa said. "It's so beautiful here. Do you think that guy lives here?"

"Let's check it out." Levi said and opened the front door. "I'll go first. I'll call you if it's safe. Stay put." He ordered.

He entered the house to see a clean interior with a bed, table, shelves with books, and a kitchen-like area. It looked like an average home. Then, something glimmered at the corner of his eye by the windowsill. Walking up to it, he noticed that it was a photo.

He lifted the photo and turned it over, eyes widening as he saw what it was.

A picture of him.

With a girl beside him, whose face was ripped out.

-------

He saw it! I left it there for some reason. Maybe because I want him to know that I'm stalkin--spying on him or that I want him know it's me. Either way is fun. Hanna giggled creepily from under her scarf and bandages that covered her face. "I hate him." She said with a wickedly calm smile. "For so many reasons."

"There's nothing in there. We can either look for the person or head back." Levi said, exiting the hut.

"Actually, corporal...which way is back?" Armin asks.

They began to look around in shock and nervousness while Hanna stifled her laughs, as she sat in a tree by them. I-Idiots! She laughed in her mind.

"Which way did we come from?" Eren asks.

"I think it was that way." Connie points east.

"Then let's go that way." Mikasa says and walks with everyone in that direction.

-------time skip--------

After for what seemed like forever, they made it back to the forest with large trees and Titans wandering around. Except, those Titans walked away and around from them. "Why aren't they attacking?" Jean asks.

"I don't know but we should just focus on getting back to the walls." Levi says and continues to walk back towards to where they thought their home was.

Still sexy, Hanna thought, still not loving him though. She smiled. "Let's go." She said to the 12 meter Titan that was on the same branch as her, following the humans. It nodded it's head and allowed her to climb onto its shoulder. "Let's give them a scare." She hissed. "And probably allow them to take me in, of course. Life is just too boring."

It roared and jumped towards them. "It's an abnormal!" Some of them shouted.

"Stop, Karhl." Hanna soothed and it stopped roaring. Hanna slumped onto its shoulder with one knee up as the other leg dangling. "So, you wanna get home, huh?" She asked, looking down at them as they grabbed their swords. "Well, you're going the wrong way, yeah."

Who is he? They all thought. And how is he on a Titan?! "How are you..." Mikasa trailed off.

"Hm? Oh, you mean Karhl!" She said patting the side of the Titan's head. "He's a buddy of mine, I guess."

"A buddy?" Sasha whispers under her breath.

"Well, anyways, it's that way. To the walls." She pointed East.

"Why should we believe you?" Armin asked.

"Fine, fine. If ya wanna die, die. I was only helping you out. Let's go." She waved them off and turned Karhl around. "Orrrrr, I could lead you out if you want." She turned back around.

They all stared at her with a hard expressions on their faces.

"Yessssssssss?" She hissed in a playful manner. "Nooooooooo?"

They just continued to stare, not knowing what to say.

She sighed with her guy voice still intact. "Fine, fine. Follow me." She groaned and slowly drooped in a gloomy way, down off of Karhl's shoulder. She sighed again. She walked towards them as they readied their weapons. "Put them down. Seriously. I'm trying to help you and I get swords to my face."

"Make one wrong move and I'm slicing your neck." Mikasa warned.

Hanna put her hands in the air in defeat. "Sure, sure. Try if you will."

-------