two, week 10

By the time Louis is home from his trip, Harry has thought of a million ways to break the news.

And has decided on exactly none of them.

Despite his great amount of stress and lack of decisions made, Harry just laid on Louis' couch, waiting for him to get home with his shirt pulled up, as if maybe he could watch his tummy get bigger every second.

And also, despite the fact his pregnancy was completely unplanned, he had to admit he loved the idea of it. Which made him feel crazier than he had all the time.

After Harry finally decided to use Louis' keys that he had left just in case. And at 2 pm, he awaited Louis' return that was scheduled at 7. It was 6:30 then, and Mark was asleep in his lap while he rubbed his tummy with a pout on his face.

It had been hurting even more the longer Louis was gone, and he was starting to eat less and less because of his stress.

Considering the extreme amount Harry read up on his situation, he knew it was putting him at risk for miscarriage. Even though his child wasn't exactly wanted, he didn't want them to have to pay for him not being able to get himself together.

Work that week had been extremely stressful, calling Louis every day spluttering and worrying about Mark and the fact he could vomit all over a group of first graders.

It was all a lot of worrying, watching the clock tick and waiting and waiting as if maybe he could sit there until he gave birth right on Louis' big couch, admiring all of his photos and the typewriters he kept under his wooden desk.

But soon enough the door was jiggling and Harry could practically feel him, making his stomach ease a bit and a big sigh fall from his chapped lips.

"Oh, Harry," Louis smiles big, his feathery hair messy while he tossed his leather crossbody bag onto the table by the door.

He makes his way to Harry, Harry gulping and beginning to sweat.

He finally finds it in himself to stand up, getting extremely close to Louis in a way he can smell the airport and the chocolate chip banana muffin Louis ate on the way home.

"I missed you." Harry smiles and a big growl erupts from his newly forming stomach.

Harry panics when Louis lets out a giggle and turns his attention to Harry's soon to be bulging tummy. He brushes it off when Louis whispers an "I missed you too." His smile is kind when he walks back to the door to grab his coat.

"Since you're so starved, maybe we could head out? I know we're not like- but I mean- I really like you Harry." Harry can almost feel the weight that had been resting on top of him lifted off. He doesn't feel sick, and his head stops spinning for a split second just to stare at Louis. Every part of him stops for Louis.

He figures he can wait, that maybe Louis will be happy when he finds out. Then he feels stupid for that again.

"Yeah. Yes. I'd really, really like that." Harry flushes bright bright pink like they're just meeting again.

"I'll get your coat." Louis picks up the wool lined coat of Harry's off one of the kitchen stools. Only when a little black and white photo falls from the left hand pocket does Harry panic.

He seizes, eyes widening and Louis dips down to pick it up. His big blue eyes are confused, looking to Harry's tummy and then back up a this face.

He coughs a bit, readjusting his eyes on the little photo and looking closely then further away.

"Me?" He asks, voice hoarse and panic in his icy eyes.

He had no anger, not really, no happiness. No nothing. Just a blank stare, and Harry suddenly felt sick again.