14

Anders' P.O.V

So, as I was running down the hallway, I saw this person with some drink that got a little bit on her shirt. So, I walked up to her and said "Hey, are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine. Some girl came running down the hallway and accidentally ran into me. Most of my drink got on her shirt than mine and I didn't get the chance to help her because she ran into the bathroom before I could," the girl said, her voice sounding sad. I said "Well, that may have been my sister. What did she look like?" She said "Well, she had orange hair and a batman outfit on." "Yep, my sister," I said, kinda mad at Skylar, but also worried about her. I said my apologies and walked outside of the hospital. I had the note in my hand and kept thinking about which way the orphanage could have been. I went to my car and got on my phone. I got on google and typed in the place it was at. It gave me a map and I drove to it. It took me about 20 minutes until I got there. The place was a bakery? Ok, I wonder why she would go here. Anyways, when I got there, I looked around, but she wasn't there. The place was kinda big so I took a trip around it. I went around it 3 times and she still wasn't there. She lied on that note! So, I drove to the orphanage and went inside to see if she was there. I asked if I could go up there to check on her and they said that she wasn't there. I started getting really worried about her then. I asked them if they have seen her at all today and they said that they haven't. Then I ran out of the orphanage and got back into my car. I drove back to the hospital to see if she went back there for some reason. So, when I was in my car, I thought about the girl that Skylar ran into. She had a name tag on, but I didn't get to read it. All that I saw on it was "Madi." I thought about what the rest of her name could be. It could have been Madison! I'm not going to think about what her last name is because that may be a little hard. Anyways, when I got back to the hospital I ran back up to Connor's room. When I got back to his room she wasn't there, so starting freaking out. "D-ude, what's t-the matter?!" Connor asked, kinda worried. I said "I can't find Skylar!" Connor said "Have y-you t-tried calling h-her?" "No, not yet...," I said, feeling really awkward. I grabbed my phone out of my butt pocket and called Skylar. It rang 2 times until somebody picked it up. "Hello?" "Hi, um, is Skylar Winters with you?" I asked politely because it was a guy that I didn't know, maybe it was Christopher. The guy said "Um, is her hair color orange?" "Yeah...," I said, feeling even more awkward. He said "Well, then yes, but she just went to the bathroom. I hope she doesn't get mad at me for getting on her phone.... May I ask who is calling so that I can tell her?" "Yeah, sure. I am Anders Winters, her brother. And hey, where are you two at?" I asked. He said "Well, we are at a hospital. Why are you asking?" I said "'Cause I was trying to find her since 7:30 pm. How long has she been there?" "For about 20 to 40 minutes," he said. I said "Ok, well, can you tell her that she can stay for as long as she wants as long as she behaves?" He said "Yeah! I thought that you were gonna tell me to tell her to leave. Thank goodness." "Why?" I asked. "Well, you see, I haven't had anybody come in here other than doctor's and nurses. So I was really happy when she came in." "What about your family and friends?" I asked, kinda feeling bad for him. "Well, my family all abandoned me when I got in the hospital which was about 2 months ago and I didn't really have any friends. So, anyhow, I'll tell Skylar that you called and that she could stay as long as she wants. Ok? Bye," he said, feeling sad. I said "Bye," and ended the phone call. I felt kinda bad for the guy because his family left him in the hospital by himself, with no friend or anything. Anyways, I put my phone down on the counter and sat down. I looked down at my hands, still worried about Skylar. And when I looked up, Connor wasn't there.