♪ Some Of Us Have to Grow Up Sometimes ♪ {24}

"Some of us have to grow up sometimes
And so, if I have to I'm gonna leave you behind
Some of us have to grow up sometimes
And so, if I have to I'm gonna leave you behind.
" - Grow Up

"It's really not what you think!" Kat whimpered for the umpteenth time, gripping the edge of my Sleeping With Sirens tee and giving me her puppy-dog look. I used my free hand to pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration, squeezing my eyes shut. It's been twenty minutes, and Katerina was still denying the fact that I had caught her and Zeke in the act.

"Sure, sure." I released my hold and gave her a shooing gesture, opening my eyes to narrow them at her.

"Lacey, really!" Kat repeated, and I let out a groan.

The two of us were seated in the living room, perched upon the obsidian leather couches organized in a half-sphere before the coffee table and flat-screen television. The cream walls were bland but inviting, and I tried to make myself feel at home like Blake suggested, but with Katerina bugging me every two seconds and the walls feeling as if they were caving in on me, it wasn't as easy as he made it out to be.

I shrugged off her hold and crossed my arms, blowing a loose strand of my hair out of my face. "What's Blake and Zeke talking about anyway?" The two male members of Tilted Reality had excused themselves from our presence as soon as I questioned about Zeke and Kat. They still weren't back and I was starting to get a little suspicious.

Kat pursed her lips and gave me a look before taking in a deep breath. "I can explain!"

Before I could strangle the annoying out of her system, there was the sound of footsteps hitting the wooden paneling in the foyer. Glancing over my shoulder, I watched as Zeke and Blake came into view - Zeke looking irritated, and Blake looking flustered.

"So do I finally get an explanation now?" I arched an eyebrow, ignoring Kat's subtle cough at my remark from beside me.

"Look, it's not something we can just tell you." Zeke snapped, running a hand through his messy hair.

"I-I... yeah, Zeke has a point." Blake gave me a small smile, shrugging.

"It's not like I'll tell anyone." I objected, frowning at both the matter and my hypocrisy.

Blake turned to Zeke and placed a hand on his shoulder, murmuring in low tones that I couldn't hear. The guitarist let out a sigh before whirling around to climb up the spiral staircase. Before I could question, Blake turned back to me and replied, "He's going to wake up Vee."

"Vanessa's here too?" I asked, cocking my head to one side. Blake just gave a half-shrug in reply. After a few moments of awkard shuffling of the feet, we started to hear shouts.

"God, Zeke!" An irritated shriek eminated from upstairs, making Kat jump in surprise. "I've told you a fucking million times not to wake me up! Leave me alone!"

"She really likes her sleep." Kat whispered in my direction, taking a pillow from the couch and hugging it tightly.

"Does it look like I give a shit? Jesus, we just got back from the competition like ten minutes ago. And just when I finally manage to close my eyes, you wake me up!" Vee's voice carried out throughout the mansion. There was silence after that, and I assumed Zeke was explaining the current situation. Blake started humming the Jeopardy theme song in the awkward silence, making Kat giggle. I shot them both a dark look, and instantly the tune faded out.

"Good morning!" A voice chirped cheerfully, and the three of us craned our necks towards the staircase, where Vanessa was walking down casually as if she hadn't just been woken up. Her hair was a pigsty, and she too was decked out in pajama gear, though instead of shorts, she had pajama pants on.