What Am I? Chapter 1

/I was inspired to make this fanfictions from another person who created a great Dragon Hiccup story. I thank you for creating "Dimmadreki". I found that the most touching story ever. I feel tears of happiness and joy from it. I am so this glad was a detailed fanfic and not a jump from place to place in quick succession fan fic. This person took their time and effort to make this story for what it is. I loved that Hiccup/Dimmadreki was turned into a night fury with no clue what happened to him learning how to be a night fury and loving the way he is and finds a mate to love. Those are the kind of stories that make me want more. I also was inspired by "how to Live a Dragon's life." I have read it till I could read no more. I must thank that person for creating that story as well. There is one more that is quite amazing. "Shadow of the Night." That story is also is a big inspiration. I am just giving a shout out to those people. They put effort into their stories and I personally love those kind of stories. I think I have held off my story long enough so I hope you all enjoy and I accept your challenge Cke1st. Please comment on this story. And again I hope you all enjoy./ ps: I am kinda new to making stories.

What's Happening to Me?

This is Berk. We vikings live on this cold forsaken land by a thread. That thread is strong but is being constantly pulled at and is dwindling. And the pests are not helping. Most people have rats or snakes. Not us, we managed to get in a war with dragons. The only reason that we are still alive is because of our viking reputation, well their viking reputation. I was the skinny one that always got in the way of everything.

A scrawny, un-viking like child scrambles past many other bulky vikings trying to get to his destination. A monstrous nightmare turns the corner with a flame about ready to melt anything nearby, but a large viking with a prosthetic hand grabs hold of hiccup and yanks him in the forge. "Where were ya' Hiccup? Out there is not 'de place for a scrawny viking like yourself. They need real vikings out there. Not... this."

"You just gestured all of me and... Well, it's not like there is anywhere else welcoming me with open arms."

"True that. Dragons see you as a toothpick; they will probably go after you last."

"Gee, thanks Gobber for being so reassuring," Hiccup said sarcastically.

"No problem." Gobber began putting on armor. "I'm going out. They need me out there." Gobber disappears around the corner. Quickly, he reappeared, his head peaking back through the doorless forge. "Stay. Put. There," Gobber said. Hiccup sighed and gave him a 'really?' look. "Just stay in the forge Hiccup so you do make another one of your 'marks'." Gobber turns and lets out a battle cry as he charges towards the first dragon. The second the bulky viking left, Hiccup grabbed a catapult contraption, which he made himself, and ran out of the forge with surprising speed due to his size.

"Hiccup! What do you think yer' doin' our here? Get back inside before you get yourself killed!" Gobber calls out. Hiccup pushes past.

"I'll be right back." Gobber lets out a heavy sigh. He caught sight of Fishlegs passing by following the rest of the teens but Gobber stopped him.

"Fishlegs, your job now is to keep an eye on Hiccup."

"Hiccup? Um okay, but what about the..."

"They can handle it for now just go watch over him." Fishlegs moved as quickly as his stubby, little legs could carry him until he spotted Hiccup on top of a hill, away from most of the commotion "Hiccup! Gobber wants you back at to the forge," Fishlegs called out while breathing hard.

"Fishlegs? What are you doing up here? And no I am not going back in just yet."

"Okay but at least let me watch out for you." Hiccup let out a sigh.