Chapter Two

I woke up feeling groggy and my head was still pounding heavily. I refused to open my eyes because I was still unsure if yesterday was just a dream or my reality.

When I began to open my eyes though, I realized that it was not my imagination playing tricks on me. This was my real life.

When I opened my eyes completely, I looked around to see no one there. I wasn't that surprised either that my parents were gone. They've never been the ones to stick around for too long.

I look out my window and it's dark outside so I'm guessing it's probably night time. I sit there in the utter silence wondering what time it is and what the date is.

I look around the room and I see that I'm alone in here by myself. It's probably my parents doings. They never really were the type to share anything.

As you can tell, my parents aren't very social.

The eerie silence lets me slip into my land of thoughts. I sit and question everything I've done. I can't help but think that this may be where I spend the rest of my life.

I just think about the little things that I've done in my life. From all the good times when I was a kid and my family was close, when my family began to fall apart, and when I found the people who were the utter most greatest people I've ever had in my life.

I can't remember one time in my life when I wasn't happy when I was around the guys. We refused to let each other be unhappy about anything. We were there for each other through break-ups, family problems, bad grades, and all the other problems that teens face. When one of us called another, we would drop anything and listen to them completely. We were never seen out in public without the others.

When thinking about this, I couldn't help but wonder why they weren't here for me. I would always go to their bedside if something like this happened to one of them. I thought we were best of friends? I just don't understand why they aren't here for me at this exact

moment. It makes no sense.

A nurse walks into the room and gives me a friendly smile. She doesn't say a word to me as she checks me over.

I have various cuts all over with 2 of them being extremely deep. One is on my jaw where it goes from almost the corner of my left eye, goes out to the edge of my face, and traces the outside of my face from that point to my chin. It's painful as she removes the bandage that's on it to check and make sure that no infection has come in. I know that there are probably stitches right there but I don't bother to ask.

She then checks the other cut that goes from the middle of my chest and down to my pelvis at a bit of an angle. It's jagged and I can see that it was stitched carefully. I know in my head that almost every single scratch will all scar. It's strange that this is actually my body. I feel like a broken person who's no good anymore.