Nanami's past part 3

"Nanami!" I heard someone shout. Before I could react I was tackled to the ground. "Umph!" Was all I could say as it felt like a giant weight was on top of me. "Play with me!" I giggled at the familiar voice looking up to see a smiling Kanato. "Ok! Where's Laito-nii and Ayato-nii?" I asked.

He frowned puffing out his cheeks. "Mother has Ayato studying again and Anastasia took Laito." I frowned but soon smiled standing up. "That's ok! We can play together! Just the two of us!" Kanato frowned as he held up teddy. "Three." He said. I giggled nodding my head. "Hai! Hai! Three!" He smiled and we started to play together.

We were playing tag and I was it. As I chased Kanato around we both stopped in our tracks at the familiar laugh. "Haha! Is my little songbird and Nanami having fun?" It was Cordelia. We both looked at her holding each other's hand. Cordelia smirked walking over to us.

We watched as she took a seat and held her hand out to Kanato. "Sing me a song my dear little songbird." She said. Kanato nods as he let go of my hand and started to sing. I smiled and politely asked Cordelia if I could sit next to her. She nodded her head. I sat down and listened to my brothers sweet melody.

When he was done I clapped as Cordelia sighed in bliss. "That was great Kanato-nii!" I cheered running up to him giving him a big hug. Kanato smiled and hugged me back as we both laughed. Cordelia looked at us and giggled. "Haha! I think that Kanato would make an excellent husband for you don't you think Nanami?" She asked.

I blushed and shyly looked down while Kanato hid behind his teddy. Cordelia only laughed. Soon we heard someone clear their throat. We looked to see uncle Ritcher walking towards us. "Ah. Ritcher just in time." Cordelia said as she held her hand out to him. He took her hand and kissed it.

"I was just telling them how they would make a wonderful couple don't you agree?" She asked. Uncle Ritcher looked at me and then at Kanato a frown formed on his face but was soon replaced with a soft smile. "Yes. I believe your right my dear Cordelia. But who knows a little beauty such as our sweet Nanami could be loved by many." He said walking over to me.

Kanato gripped my hand hiding behind me a little bit. Uncle Ritcher stopped in front of me and got down on one knee taking my hand in his bringing it up to his lips. "Such a sweet and innocent young flower." He whispered kissing my hand.

I heard Kanato growl a little. Ritcher stood back up and walked over to Cordelia. They both started talking to each other while Kanato pulled me away. Once we were out of sight he turned to me hugging me tight catching me by surprise.

"K-Kanato-nii?! What's wrong?" I asked hugging him back. He pulled away and looked at me sadly. "I don't like him touching you." Kanato said shyly as he hid behind teddy. I looked at him shocked. "Kanato-nii." He glanced at me and pouted.

"Do you...think she was right?" He asked. I looked at him confused. He looked at me a small blush on his face. "T-that we would...m-make a cute couple?" He asked looking away. I blushed and looked down as I played with my fingers.

"I-I don't know...m-maybe..." I whispered. Kanato looked at me and smiled softly. "Hey Nanami! Let's get married when we're older!" He said happily. I blushed furiously but nodded smiling. "Hai!" We both laughed at each other and went to the kitchen where we saw my mother and Laito.

"Oh! Kanato! Hello sweetheart! Are you here for some sweets?!" Mother asked happily ignoring my presence. Laito looked at me and smiled. I smiled back nodding my head. Kanato nodded his head. "Yes. Me and Nanami were playing and now we want something sweet." At the mention of my name mother frowned glaring down at me.

"Is that so? I thought I told you to stay inside and not to leave this house. I'll have to discipline you later ungrateful brat." Mother spat. I looked down sadly and nodded my head. Kanato and Laito glared at my mother. Kanato walked past her and got a jar of cookies walking back over to me taking my hand.

"Bye Laito." Kanato said paying no attention to my mother who frowned at that. Kanato took us to his room as we sat down on his bed and started eating cookies. "I love sweets!" I said happily. Kanato nodded and smiled.

"Hey Nanami! Let's have sweets at our wedding alright?!" I smiled and nodded.

"Hai!"

*To Be Continued*