Nanami's past part 4

I sighed as I sat in my room bored. "Hmm. Reiji-nii's reading...Shu-nii's no where to be found...Kanato-nii's with mother...Laito-nii's somewhere with Cordelia...Subaru-nii's with his mother...Ayato-nii...well he's in his room." I mumbled.

I sighed as I jumped off my bed leaving my room. I walked silently down to Ayato-nii's bedroom quietly peeked my head inside. I looked and saw Ayato hanging half way on his bed. His head was on the ground as he looked bored at the wall.

I smiled a little quietly entering the room and shutting the door. "Ayato-nii." I whisper. His eyes widen in shock as he falls off his bed causing me to put a hand over my mouth to conceal my laughter. "Pfft." Ayato groans as he sits up putting a hand on his head.

"Don't scare me like that Nanami!" He whined. I giggled and shook my head. "Sorry. Sorry." I apologized. He sighed looking at me with a small smile. "Were you bored too?" He asked. I nod and walk over to him sitting on the floor next to him. He laughs and puts his head back.

"What were you thinking about earlier Ayato-nii?" I ask tilting my head. He looks back at me and smirks widely. "Yours truly was thinking about how he was going to be the best big brother to you!" He said proudly. I don't know why but for some reason a small blush formed on my cheeks.

"Haha! That's right I'm going to be your number one big brother!" He said confidently. I couldn't help but smile a closed eyed smile. "Yeah!" I said. He smiled a closed eyed smile with me as we both laughed. "Man! If only I could play with you more!" He whined.

I watched as he fell back onto his floor and closed his eyes. "Yeah...I wish I could play with all of you." I said sadly looking down at my hands. Ayato was silent. "...Hey...Nanami?" He asks quietly. I hum signaling that I was listening.

"...Is it wrong to love someone?" He asks. My eyes widen as I quickly turn my head to look at him. "What makes you think that?!" I ask shocked. He just looks at me and sighs. "I mean...can us vampires...really love someone?" He mumbles.

I don't know what to say I was so shocked. "Sometimes...I wonder if it's just a lie..." His eyes fill with sadness. Right now my bangs were covering my face as I looked at him. "Heh...I guess I'm just being stupid again!" He laughs.

I grit my teeth as I quickly stand up and grab his wrist catching him by surprise. "Nanami what are-" I cut him off by teleporting to a secret place I always went to. Soon we arrived at an open field with many flowers.

I smiled as I watched the breeze blow everything around. I looked over at Ayato and saw his eyes wide in amazement and shock. "Pretty isn't it?" I ask looking around eyes soft. "Where...are we?" He asks still in awe.

I smile sitting down. "This is my secret happy spot...I found it one day because someone showed it to me." I said closing my eyes in bliss. "Who?" Ayato asked as he took a seat next to me. I slowly open my eyes and look out at the field.

"A wolf..." I whisper. "A wolf?" Ayato asked confused. I nod. "Hai. He was a beautiful wolf too." I said smiling a little. "He helped me find happiness here and so this became my happy spot." I said. Ayato nodded his head as he looked out at the view as well.

"Hey Nanami...do you think...this could be both of our happy spots?" He asks blushing as he looked down. I looked at him and smiled nodding my head. "Of course! That's why I brought you here Ayato-nii!" I said. He blushed and looked away scratching his cheek.

I smiled brightly as I looked back out at the scenery. Suddenly I felt a hand hold mine making me look to see Ayato had taken my hand. I looked at him shocked and confused. He smiled at me. "Hey Nanami! I promise to always make you happy! And to never ever hurt you or leave you alone!" He said determined.

My eyes widen. "I promise this because!" He looks at me warmly as he takes my other hand in his our eyes locking. The breeze blew the flowers and grass around us along with our hair.

"I love you Nanami."

*To Be Continued*