Chapter seven: Nowhere is safe

Commander Grayson and I went to the other side of the mountain through a zigzag trail path. There, the Flash warriors even build another campsite. In it were tents so tall it's probably thirty feet in height. This other camp had a central area like an arena. A few hours later, we had a dinner party. Man, I wish my family could see what I'm seeing right now. And yet there was this anxious feeling that I wanted to get rid of. 

Fireflies kept changing colors as they illuminate, so were the mushrooms. We had so many delicious, appetizing, and overwhelming scents of food, desserts, and beverages on every circular table that we occupied. No matter how many foods there were, the warriors still able to munch as many as they desire as if they were in an eating contest. The chairs and tables surrounded the center of the camp.

At the dinner party, Claes and Sean found and accompanied me to a table to talk. They were sitting facing me. For the first time, Sean was dressed as a wizard with a violet robe with a golden emblem of the fused F and W, but his indigo glasses remained. "So . . . where have you guys been?" I asked them, glad to see their faces honestly. 

Sean flexed his shoulders by rolling them backward. "We took care of some other stuff, but never mind that. Anywaaaaay, how it goes with the commander?" He leaned on the table with his arms while smiling at me.

"Good. He seems like a nice guy. But his brother never mentioned him." I looked at Claes who was sipping his tea. 

"Yeah, about that." Sean cleared his throat. "Claes and commander have a little-" Claes stopped Sean by nudging him on the arm. I knew what that meant, so I didn't bother asking another question about the commander and his brother. Instead, I asked them about me. 

"Okaaay." I started to change the subject. "I suppose I should thank you for saving me."

"Oh, about that, don't mention it. Just doing our job. Commander Grayson is holding this camp so yeah," said Sean, sipping his coffee. I had no idea why he drinks coffee in the evening. I mean, isn't it suppose to be taken in the mornings, or if he's stressed? Maybe he's drinking coffee because it helps him to relax.

"Commander also told me about the Flash warriors. You guys are like magical heroes, right, like . . . for real?" I asked, turning my head from Sean to Claes.

"We are magical heroes, or call us magical protectors," Sean replied. "Since the beginning, every one of us trained to control our magic before we're ready to settle the score around the globe. It's like the magical heroes organization with school lectures." That sounded boring, no offense to them.

"But." Sean raised a finger. "We can live normally like other people."

"Let me guess." I narrowed my eyes, looking at my unfinished bread. "You're living like normal people, but you guys also risk your life?" 

Sean nodded. "Mhmm, that's the Flash warrior in a nutshell." 

I started to ask, "If that's the case, what do you guys deal with?"

"Oh, you know, rescuing people, beating up casual pirates, thieves, and a bunch of thugs. Then, the are the hard ones, which involve monsters, spirits, demons, supernatural forces, and Shadow knights. Trust me, you do not want to know those people." And I did. I didn't mind who those people were. They're probably bad . . . or worse.

"Don't you guys have a hard time fighting all the time?" I shook my head from all that info.

"Well, even we have limits, but when there's a job that needs to be done, we need to get it done. But even if you have magic, it's up to you if you want to join us or not." Sean sipped his coffee again. Something was missing, something that I have to tell, oh, wait, got it.