Chapter 68

If you or anyone you know can make good manips or video edits, let me know. I would love to have a trailer for this story, or a manip or two of Harry and Annabelle. :-)

"She what?" Julie laughed as Dave told her what had just happened. "No pants? In Harry's apartment?" Julie couldn't hold back her laughter.

"This is not funny, Julie." Dave waved his finger at her, and her laughter slowly faded.

"Honey, honestly, I don't know where you come up with this stuff." Julie laughed again and took a sip of her coffee.

"Call her up yourself if you don't believe me!" Dave was furious, at his wife and his daughter, and that boy who was letting Annabelle stay with him.

"Wait, you're being serious?" Julie sat her mug on the table.

"Dead serious." Dave answered and rubbed over his beard with his stubby fingers.

"You mean to tell me that she's been staying at Harry's place for the whole week she hasn't been home?" Dave nodded, his arms crossed and his features stressed.

"It's unacceptable."

"Well what are we going to do?" Julie asked, and they began plotting their punishment.

Annabelle got dressed after her shower in her jeans and one of Harry's sweaters. She was going to go home and deal with her parents before they tried to come back here or try to do something to Harry. Harry didn't deserve to be faced by Annabelle's parents, he did nothing wrong. Annabelle threw her purse over her shoulder, across her chest, and went to hug Harry.

"What, you think I'm not going with you?" He gave her a small smile and patted her butt playfully, earning a blush from Annabelle's cheeks.

When they were in the car, Annabelle put both of her headphones in and blasted the most badass music she knew of, which just so happened to be P!nk, because P!nk was a badass who inspired Annabelle to never give a fuck. Harry didn't disturb her, he could hear the sounds of an electric guitar and high vocals through her headphones. He knew she was just trying to calm down, but he never understood how listening to rock music would calm her down. Wouldn't loud and upbeat music just make her more worked up? Not really. For whatever odd reason, it helped Annabelle's mixed up and hard feelings leave through each strained high note, or each complicated drumroll.

Harry held Annabelle's hand as they entered her house, coming face to face with her parents standing in the kitchen.

"Look who decided to show up." Dave grumbled and stood from the chair he previously sat in. "You shouldn't be here, boy." Dave approached Harry and Annabelle gripped his hand tighter.

"I'm just here to help Annabelle, sir." Harry kept his voice polite, hoping Dave wouldn't be as rude as before.

"She could use all the help she can get." Julie laughed at her own joke, making Harry and Annabelle roll their eyes. Dave sighed at his idiot of a wife that he loved.

"Go pack your things, Annabelle." Dave sounded tired and annoyed, he just wanted Annabelle gone already. She gave him a confused look, and Harry asked what he meant.

"You can't live here any longer. You're an adult, right? You want to stay at a boy's house and act like you've got your life all sorted out? Then you can't live with your parents any longer, right?"

"Adults can't live with their parents, sweetie." Julie stood behind Dave, clear sarcasm in her prissy voice. Annabelle found it quite funny, and her smile proved that she really didn't care if she were getting kicked out.