Chapter 2

The sun was beating down on me and I've applied sunblock three times in the past hour. I burn easily and I don't wanna take any chances. I kicked off my summer a week ago and I've just been watching people have fun at the beach. My parents are drunken messes who like to beat me up. That is, when they're even home.

I was lost in thought when I suddenly heard a commotion out in the water. I immediately go out there. Tanner, the lifeguard stationed next to me, was heading out too. "I got it! I got it!" I yelled at him and hit the water.

The people on surfboards around the victim, were yelling. "Justin! Justin! Oh my god is he okay?!" I dived in and securely wrapped my arms around him, pulling him up on the board and swimming him to the shore. The group of friends followed.

When I got him on the sand, I started to do CPR since he was unresponsive. After about a minute, the people started to get worried. "Justin! Come on!" A girl exclaimed. "He'll be okay!! He'll pull through!" I yelled. I continued to help him. He started to cough up water and I sat him up.

"Hey bud. Can you hear me?" I ask him. "Woah, what happened?" He asked. "You wiped out pretty bad man!" A boy said. "Wow." He placed his hand on his head. I pulled him up to his feet. "Go at a slow pace and follow me to my tower. I'll get you a water." I say wrapping my arm around his waist and draping his arm around my shoulders and walking slowly to my tower.

"Thank you so much!" Justin said. "No problem. I get paid to save people lives." I got him some water and made him sit and drink the whole thing. His friends tagged along. "Thanks for saving him!" The girl hugged me. "No problem." I laughed. "I'm Alli! This is Justin, Cody, Jeff and my dad." She said. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kaytlyn." I conclude. "How can we pay you back?" Jeff asked. "No need. It's my pleasure." I smile. "Thank you again!" Cody exclaimed. "Well my shift is over. Ha, that was the most action I've gotten all summer!" I laughed, "enjoy the rest of your day!" I wave and walked up the beach as they all waved back.

Cody's Pov:

Woah. I don't think I've ever been this attracted to someone before. Not to mention saving Justin's life, she's outstandingly gorgeous! I've gotta see her again! I just have to!

.

__________________________

Sorry it's not the best. This is Kaytlyn! Aka : @KaytlynSimpson I'm helping Marcie write this summer :D