Chapter 1

Noel:

Honestly, when it comes to love I've always been like a person stuck on a tiny raft in the middle of a big ocean. Lost and confused and don't know wether to decide to just flat out give up or not. I don't know why I've always been this way. Maybe it's because I'm not pretty enough or skinny enough, every time I think that way my mom says the same thing." Your young and beautiful , your Prince Charming will lift you off your feet someday ; you just have to wait. " But now and days I don't know what to believe. The only thing that helps me escape from those thoughts is dancing. Ever since I was 4 years old when I first started dance I fell in love with it from day one. My dream is to go to Louisiana State University and become a golden girl or a tiger girl and then after that either attend Julliard or American School of Ballet; then I would like to become a professional dancer as in being a back round dancer for celebrities or something. It looks like I've got my future planned out huh? Well I know what your probably thinking, when are you going to fit a husband and family into that schedule?...

I guess we will just find out when the time comes.

Later on that day..

" I now present to you your 2013-2014 high school graduates! " our principles voice rang through the humongous football field. I throw my hat into the air along with my friends and the rest of the graduates. Confetti starts falling and people start rushing to get one last hug and goodbye from there friends. I am running all over the place from person to person saying my goodbyes and trying to hold back tears but a few manage to escape my now ,red and water filled blue eyes. " We did it. We graduated!!! " says my best friend Ally. Ally and I have been best friends since preschool. Yes, preschool. It's amazing to see how far we've come without leaving each others side all these years, we had our ups and down but we are just inseparable. She's my other half. Arm in arm , like we always do, Ally and I walk over to greet our parents. I walk over to greet my mom and my baby sister Rachel. My dad would be here..but he died from a car accident a year ago. He died 2 days after my sister was born. It's such a shame she has to grow up without a daddy. Actually, it's hard for me to finish growing up without my dad. Ally finishes greeting her parents and then like usual all of our parents get into one big group conversation except this time it was about how cute we used to be when we were babies. Give me a break. " Hey Noel, I think someone has eyes for you. " Ally says poking my arm with a smirk on her face. I turn my head to the side to see a boy who seemed slightly taller than me and had blonde hair with his natural brown hair peaking through and blue eyes. He was wearing a tux and had his hair neatly combed to a side sweep. I don't know who he was, but he was one pretty boy. I noticed that while he was looking at me, he was biting his bottom lip. The second he caught sight of me he whipped his head back to his group of family and I caught sight of his cheeks turning red. " And now you have eyes for him. " Ally said sarcastically. But she was right I couldn't stop myself from looking at him. I probably shouldn't be looking at him anyways, he looks way out of my league. But I don't know, there's just something about him that makes me keep on looking at him. Not just how beautiful he was, something else but I don't know what. He looked so familiar.