Chapter 5: Violet Hill

Laura finally stumbles into her new room as she collapsed on the bed but she felt something out of place as she pulled out her phone and looked at it to see that it was Kat's birthday today. Laura set an alarm to go off in 3 hours as she lays down and finally lets herself dose off. When Laura finally falls asleep she dreams about when she went to the beach with her friends.

It was a nice sunny day with a pleasant breeze and the beach had almost no one on it except them. Laura was laughing as she splashed Rachael who squealed and laughed as she tackled Laura into the water soaking them both. Lyria was on the beach with Jennifer and Lucy as they were suntanning on beach chairs talking about all of the cute boys and other gossip. Then there was Jill with her camera that she always carried around everywhere they went looking for the perfect picture of her friends. Then Laura woke up to her phone going off as she grumbled and turned it off as she went into the bathroom and washed her face and combed out all of the tangled hair. Laura looked at herself in the mirror to see tears coming down her face as she realized how much say missed her friends. Laura took a moment to compose herself as she heard a piece of paper be slid under her door to her room. Laura went over to find a letter addressed to her at the old tower and saw the redirection to the Washington tower. Laura didn't see where it came from so she opened it up and saw it was from her friends in Nashville. Laura paused a moment and held the paper to her chest and she finally read the letter.

Dearest Laurie,

It is us, you know, Your small town girls. We haven't heard from you in a while and we were wondering how you were doing. Lyria says she wants you to do your best. Jill says to send us some pictures of everything. Jennifer says the library feels empty without you and that you should send some souvenirs to put on the shelves. And me, I think you must be famous by now. You are probably the best flier there easily. Let us know where the next airshow will be. We will be coming to see you. Anyway, we love you Laura.

Best wishes and lots of love, Friends from Nashville.

Laura held the letter to her chest as she started to feel herself crying. Laura then went over to the desk in the room and started writing.

Dear Nashville,

Laura here, I have been super busy and have not had time to write. But I met this super cute guy and he is training me.OMG!!! He is so hot and sexy. He is also reeeeaaaallllllyyy sweet and I think I may have found myself a boyfriend. And even better news, my first air show is in two weeks and we are going to be flying in Nashville too!! Our old base was blown up but now we are in Washington. But the show must go on. I may even be able to stay for a day or two with You guys! Wouldn't that be great? I love you girls so much and I hope that all is well on the home front. I can't wait to see you girls again.

With lots of love,

Laura

Ps.

I got my nickname!!! My new name is Dash!!!

Laura put the letter in an envelope and she went out the door to the end of the hallway and she went to Angel's room at the end of the hall. She knocked on the door as Angel wearily said, "Come on in."

Laura opened the door and saw a huge stack of papers on her desk and she was busy signing posters and replying to letters. "Hey Angel, I was wondering if you could send this to my friends, I mean if it isn't too much of a problem."

Angel looked up and took the letter, "Absolutely Dash, I will make sure it gets to your friends. Not a problem at all hun."

"Thank you Angel. Is there anyway I can maybe help you out by chance?"

"I am afraid not," Angel looked at Laura, "But thank you very much for the kind offer."

"Yeah, sure," Laura awkwardly turned around and walked on out as she went back to her room.