THE FABLED CHAPTER SEVEN

I woke up in Ashley’s arms, and to his big brown eyes looking at me. Damn, he was hot.

          “Good morning, my Love.” He whispered to me, running his hands through my hair.

          I kissed his cheek, and snuggled closer to him. He was warm, and his ever present scent of Axe was on his skin. “What time is it?” I asked, playing with his long black hair. It was softer than my own, and had the same scent as the rest of him.

          He sat up slightly, looking at the small digital clock on the bedside table. “Eight in the morning. The guys won’t be up until ten at the earliest… If that was your concern.” He winked at me.

          Last night was probably the best night of my life. I knew it was. Everything I had ever done with any of my boyfriends could never amount to Ashley. Then it hit me… Vic. I had betrayed him. But… we were just promised… I could still break that, right? No. I mentally hit myself, hating me for even thinking that. But, Ash was here, in front of me, holding me. Vic seemed so far away and so empty compared to him.

          Ashley laid back down, pulling me closer to him. He held me and played with my hair. “Alice?”

          “Yes?’

          “Tell me,” he asked, “Do I still please you?”

          “What do you mean?” I responded, confused.

          “You know I’m into Playboy girls and one night stands. I am, I won’t even try to deny it. But every once in a while, I find a girl like you, with whom I want more than one night with. And it always seems after the first night, they don’t want anything to do with me anymore. So, do I still please you? Do I still appeal to you?” He said, looking me in the eyes. He looked hurt, like he had asked this before and like he already knew the answer.  

          I looked at him, holding his hand under the sheets. “Ash,” I began looking into his eyes, trying not to get lost in the deep and many shades of brown. “You’ve given me the best few days of my life. And we’re going off to the middle of the desert together, to face God knows what. How could I not?”

          “I really, really, like you Alice.”

          “And I really, really, like you Ashley.”

          He smiled, the hurt look fading from his eyes. “Come on, let’s go take a shower and go get breakfast of some description.” He pulled the covers off, and my bare chest was hit with cold air.

          “Aw hell no! It’s too cold to leave the bed!” I shouted, pulling the covers back on.

          He chuckled. “You’re amazing, Alice.” He kissed my lips gently, and picked me up in his arms. He kissed my stomach as he held me, and I laughed.

          “I’m ticklish!” I yelled, and jumped from his arms. I leaped over the other small bed and into the bathroom, and flipped the switch to turn the heater on. I cranked the hot water on, and Ashley came into the small room, seeming to just fill the space with his glowing eyes.

          His hair, I noticed, was all askew and messed up, looking a lot like the bed head of a teenage girl. “Ash…” I giggled.

          “What? What’s wrong with me?” He said, eyes growing wide.

          “That’s some sexy bed head.” I burst out laughing.

          “Shut up!” He giggled, and slipped off his boxers. “The water’s hot now.”