Chapter 1

I sat there in my driver's seat, with my hand on the key in the ignition. I stared at the man who never came home. I thought about this day over and over throughout the years. What I would say, what I would do, but I just sat there. I wasnt angry, I wasnt sad, I was just dumbfounded... here was this man that I hadn't seen for 12 years, and there he was not even three feet in front of me.

I finally took my keys out of the ignition and opened the car door. I closed the door and walked up to him. He stared at me like he couldnt believe I was there. I was thinking the same thing.

Suddenly, he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug and started crying. I stood there in his arms for who knows how long.

That was until the front door opened and out came the stormy bear! My mother ran up to him and practically screamed into his face, "WHERE THE (insert swear word of your choice here) HAVE YOU BEEN!!!" And then she hugged him and they both cried.

I noticed the door was wide open and in the doorway, was Chris. He was 11. My mother had him six months after dad was reported M.I.A. So, dad had never seen him. I walked up to Chris and led him to dad.

"Dad, this is Chris. Your son." I said.

"DAD!" Chris yelled and gave him a hug. Dad wrapped his arms around his son and picked him up.

I never will forget that day. The day, when the Sanders were reunited with their father!