Chapter 25 - The Rose Shall Bloom For Eternity

Hades snapped his fingers and Kaage's shadows were forcibly sucked to the underworld through the humongous crack in the Earth that was still there. The shadows shrieked as they were being taken away.

"Since you are a complete imbecile and forgot," Hades growled, "I am the King of the Underworld! I control the dead! I rule over the Spirit World! And those who defy me get severely punished. Because if there's one thing I hate, its being defied." He took a pause before continuing with a smirk, "And I heard what you said earlier. You should know when you've been beaten. Lucky you, you're time is now!"

Hades snapped his fingers again and seconds later, a massive wave of lava stood tall behind the Underworld King. The lava shifted and moved around as if it had a mind of its own, taking the form of a large hand. The hand swooped down and grabbed Kaage, burning his fur. Kaage gritted his teeth in pain and growled as he was taken away.

Turning to walk back down the stairs, Hades looked over his shoulder at his master. "Hey, Rick!"

"Yeah?"

"Don't summon Asclepius anymore. He keeps stealing my residents. Just like the redhead over there." Hades glanced at Erza. "It pisses me off when he does that, but at least she's all mine now." With that being said, Hades descended down the stairs and disappeared into the underworld. The crack in the Earth closed and the atmosphere lightened.

The sun peaked through the clouds, finally giving light to Magnolia. Sighing, Rick put Hades's key away. "I guess I better go." He mumbled, walking away from the Fairy Tail members.

"T-Thank you!" Rick stopped and looked over his shoulder. Meredy stood behind him with a serious expression. "Thank you for helping us . . . even though you didn't have to."

"U-Uh . . ." Rick was speechless. He didn't expect anyone to thank him. Not after all he's done. "Y-You're welcome. I owed you guys."

"Thanks to you too, Rachael!" Meredy shouted, waving. Rachael returned the wave with a small smile.

"She still feels guilty." Rick explained. "Not a day goes by without her thinking of what she's done."

"I-It's okay. Really." Meredy shook her head.

"No, its not." Rick said quickly. "We may have saved you all, but we also killed Erza . . . twice."

"But you didn't kill her this time."

"No, but I can't save her either. She used up her last life."

"But-"

"Tell Jellal that I'm sorry." Rick turned his face away from Meredy, walking away. The Sensory-Link Mage didn't try to stop him this time. She saw a tear run down his cheek so she let him leave.

For a good while, no one said a thing. Everyone just moved debris around and Jellal carried his wife away to the lake to clean her up. Back at the guild, everyone prepared for yet another funeral. And unlike earlier in the day, everyone cried as they worked. Everyone's eyes were puffy and filled with tears which made their vision blurry. Natsu and Gray accidentally bumped into each other, but continued walking. They didn't have the energy to fight each other. And besides, what's the point in fighting if Erza isn't there to break it up?

At the lake, Jellal couldn't sit still. He tried to wipe blood off of his wife, but his hand refused to touch her. His hand was trembling each time he went near her. "I-I'm . . ." Tears rushed down Jellal's cheeks and he covered his face with his hands. "I'm so . . . . sorry, . . . Erza." His voice was laced with sobs and his body shook as he spoke. He just sat there, alone, and let out all of his cries.

The funeral was really short because nobody wanted to see Erza like that. Mirajane had dressed the Requip Mage in a long thin-strap red dress that had a slit on the right side at her thigh. Erza's hair was in a ponytail with luscious curls. She was beautiful.

This time no one came and interrupted the funeral. No one came and said that they could revive her. The casket was placed in the ground in Fairy Tail's backyard and covered with dirt. Simon, Yumi, Takeshi, and Riko put the tombstone in place. And everyone went their separate ways for the day.

One Year Later . . . .

The guild was rebuilt. Again. This time the Master position was returned to Makarov. He had explained where he had been since the disbandment. Apparently, he went to another country to clear his head. Having a feeling that something was wrong all of a sudden, he returned to Ishgar. His feeling was right because when he returned, Magnolia was in ruins. Everyone was glad the old man was back. Mostly Laxus who, even though he didn't admit or show it, missed his grandfather.

"We're back." Tarou mumbled as he and Takeshi entered the guild. The two had went on a job together.

"Welcome back." Evergreen greeted.

"Riko," Takeshi called to his sister with a monotone voice. He walked up to her at a table with Yumi and Simon. "where's Dad?"

She stayed quiet for a moment before she answered, "The usual spot."

Behind the guild, Jellal stood there with a rose in his hand. He stared at the tombstone feeling the wind as it blew. He slowly walked forward towards the grave and kneeled down to place the rose in front of the stone. A small smile appeared on his face once he reread the engraving. He was happy that he chose those specific words.

The engraving on Erza's tombstone read:

A wonderful mother and friend, but most of all, a wonderful wife. A flower that will never stop blooming. A rose that will bloom for eternity. The Fernandes scarlet rose, Erza Scarlet.

THE END