Chapter 120

February 2015

Joseph spent January starting to get ready for his second album in January and Naomi slid back into her routine at work. Joseph traveled a bit, eventually finding his way back to Los Angeles. Since he wasn't as familiar with Los Angeles Naomi had told him a few places to go, including the place where Bruno had heard her sing for the first time. Along with Cody, his producer, they sat at a table talking not bothering anyone. Through their conversation they heard a large group come in and sit down a few tables away.

"Joe! Yo!" he heard a voice in the distance.

"Oh damn, hey Bruno!" Joseph said to him with a friendly hand shake.

"what's good bro?" Bruno asked.

"In town recording a bit." he said watching Bruno pull up a chair.

"Yeah. We're doing the same." Bruno said in a friendly tone. Since Naomi had moved to Dallas, Bruno and he had talked infrequently, but enough to be a bit more comfortable with each other and understand why Naomi was with Joseph and not Bruno.

"How's the baby?" Joseph asked Bruno about his now three month old daughter, Daisy.

"Oh, Daisy is perfect...hang on..." he pulled out his phone like a proud father showing off a few pictures for him. "I love her to pieces. She's everything. Is that something you and Mims want?"

"Ummm..." Joseph paused. "Yeah. For sure. I just don't know if that's like something we're doing like tomorrow or anything."

"Yeah. I guess. We never really talked about it. I guess, yeah. I just assumed she wanted to white picket fence and the babies and the dog and the house and everything."

"Oh. She does." he answered. "She's totally about it. We talk about it."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to like make the conversation about your fiance." Bruno said.

"Oh. No. I can talk about Nay for days." Joseph smiled. "How is Bedy? Are you two going to tie the knot or?"

"I think we're going to wait until Daisy is a bit older." he said. "We really haven't talked about it. All this happened so fast. It wasn't really planned. Like Nay was all about planning and dotting her Is and crossing her Ts. Bedy is so spontaneous and go with the flow."

"I like how Nay plans everything. I can hardly keep yup with my own calendar." he laughed.

"Bedy has my calendar. Yeah. She's got my back." Bruno laughed. "Come on dude, grab Cody and hang." he said pointing to his group of friends.

At midnight Joseph excused himself to call Naomi. 'Hey babbbyyyy." he called her.

"Hey, what are you doing? I hear music..." she answered.

"I'm at that place you told me about..." he told her.

"Oh, the Bruno place." she answered.

"Who I saw..." he said.

"What? How is he? Is he still there? I haven't talked to him about the baby...I just talked to Bedy.." she exclaimed.

"He's up there working on new stuff, Mims." he told her.

"Oh. Right. How is the studio?" she asked changing the topic to make sure he didn't feel jealous about how excited she was to talk to Bruno.

They talked about his music for a little while before she started yawning revealing how tired she was. "I hear that, babe." he laughed.

"Yeah. And tomorrow is Sunday." she said.

"Oh, I forgot! I'm in that eat, studio, sleep, repeat stage." he said. "I have no idea what time it is....is it like 7 in the morning?"

"You know what time it is!" she joked. "Hey, what did you and Bruno talk about?" she asked.

"You." he told her.

"Oh lord. What did you talk about? Please don't tell me it was about my butt..." she answered.

"Oh, no, Mimi." he replied trying not to laugh at her.

"Oh." she responded.

"We talked about your schedule, and my schedule and all that jazz." he said.

"How is Daisy?" she asked. "Bedy sent me all these pictures and ugh, that kid is so cute."

"She's adorable." he said trying to move on from the conversation. "He asked about the wedding and what we're going to do after and everything."

"Oh my god, he is such a girl." she said rolling her eyes. "And yes, I want to have your babies." she said to him.

"Oh my god, I would kiss you right now if I were there." he told her.

"I would kiss you too." she yawned. "I need to go to bed."

"I know you do, I love you, Naomi." he replied.

"I love you too, Joe. Have a good night." she said hanging up the phone glancing to see a text message from Bruno.

I'm so happy for you. He's a good guy, Mims. We're both where we're supposed to be. <3 Brunz