Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

Blood soaked carpet spilling from a handsome man. A desire. A kill. A heart crushed.
A young woman walks out the back door and smiles as she sees the blazing corpse illuminate the room. A devious smile falls upon her face and Stana thought it was enchanting to meet him, but sadly he was just a toy that had to be destroyed. She got into her beautiful red car with her red lipstick placed on her lips. As she drives away, the house goes up in flames. Stana, a nightmare dresses like a daydream. A sun hat covers her full brunette hair with her red sunglasses blocking her eyes from the outside world. She doesn't look back and speeds away from the burning houses in the middle of nowhere in the bayou. A man that can't be trusted was now dead and she killed him. She travels back into the French Quarter. Stana smiles as the moonlight gazes at her sun roof and she pulls up to a corner building. She steps out of the car and walks into her apartment on the third floor. Her door is cracked open. She takes out her knife from her belt sheath. Sleathly glides into the pitch black room. A woman sits in the shadows of the room.
"I have been waiting for you!" The woman gets up from the chair. Stana smiles as she flickers the lights on. The woman still standing there, welcomes Stana home. "Where you been? Let me guess you killed the asshole." The woman laughs.
"Who the hell are you?" Stana says putting the knife into the sheath.
"Well of course I am your fairy godmother!" The woman grins.
"What?!" Stana raises an eyebrow.
"Nah, fucking with you! I have been watching you. You are pretty good."
"I am listening." Stana watches the cloaked woman sit back in the chair. Stana sits across from her.
"Stana, you must be carefully. I have slipped out back doors and have never been caught. But it's tricky, blood runs cold and you feel them inside you. The demons come out to play." The cloaked woman says sternly. "Don't screw up for yourself. Being caught, it wouldn't be pretty for a young faced woman like yourself."
"You have killed?"
"Yes, you can call me a killer. I mean I find a man who begins to love me, and then put a little sour taste in their mouths. Sooner or later, they are a victim. And nobody knows who kills them. Out the back door, I am gone."
"Interesting."
"I must leave. I wanted to warn you. A woman to woman conversation." She begins to walk out.
"I never got your name?"
"We will meet again, Stana." The red cloaked woman disappears out of Stana's apartment. Stana watches out the window to see the red cloaked woman walk casually down the street in the pale moonlight. Stana passes out in her bed and falls into a deep sleep. Suddenly, she awakes to a crash in her kitchen and she walks ever so slowly to the kitchen. She hears a man whistling an unhappy tune full of misery. She approaches the man who's scorching. The man turns around facing Stana, his face charred and he whispers it was enchanting to meet you! Stana wakes up from the horrible nightmare with her heart beating like the speed of lightning and her body full of sweat. She couldn't fall back asleep he was her first. She killed him in cold blood and now she lays in bed holding to her pillow so tight. She didn't get much sleep, she keeps on tossing and turning throughout the night. Nightmares of the horrible night kept slamming her awake. A woman's heart full of dark entity and her soul blackened by the night. The next morning, she brews her coffee and flips on the news. A reporter stands in front of a smoldering building saying there has been a tragic loss today, son of billionaires died in a mansion fire. The wife is still missing. Stana turns off the television, she feels the heaviness in her eyes, rain begins to fall from her eyes as she shatters her coffee mug onto the floor. Her nightmarish reality begins to haunt her. She thought it was all just a horrible nightmare she can't wake up from. No, this is reality, Stana whispers to herself. I killed Aaron and there is no turning back now! It's only been a few hours and the guilt already creeps in to choke her out. Aaron is dead, do I go to the funeral? Stana begins to pace back and forth questioning herself. Just then there is a knock at the door. Stana begins to have a panic attack and approaches the door. It's Aaron's mother. Stana opens the door with caution. "Oh thank god! I found you!" Aaron's mother cries out and throws her arms onto Stana. "I had a feeling you would be here."
"Hello..." That's all Stana can say before the tears pour down her.
"Honey. What's the matter?" Aaron's mother picks up Stana's head. "You know that this is all an act. You have to be strong. You will be able to see him soon! I mean really killing my husband was the last of my worries."
"I know, but he just looked so much like Aaron!"
"That's the point of course, my husband was cheating on me with the skank of a maid. Someone had to kill him. Now you are like the daughter I always wanted."
"But why say it's Aaron dead?"
"Oh honey, so you two have a better life. Remember you are leaving for Italy. Where your new life will be full of rich culture. Also do remind Aaron to write me often. I know you two will have a killer life together. Please try to keep him under control. Blood doesn't look good on him."
"Yes mother!"
"Please call me Eleanor! Kisses!" Eleanor walks out of Stana's apartment leaving a ticket and an envelope. Stana opens the envelope and scattered images of men fall out. Then one single woman falls out, each photograph has a huge red X through them. A note attached to the envelope says happy hunting you two love birds.