The Past

The London streets at night are a scary place. People hiding in alleyways ready to attack you when they get the chance. I'm not afraid of them anymore, I'm afraid of something far more dangerous that it can kill you in a blink of an eye.

I remember when I was 8, I was walking home with my father. It was a cold, wet night and I was wearing my favourite pink strawberry raincoat, my dad was just wearing a grey trench coat. We was both soaking wet so our hair hung in front of our faces. We had just been to the pub and it was late so we took a short cut which turned out to be the biggest mistake of our lives. We walked down the long dark alleyway and I could hardly see anything so I held my father's hand. We kept hearing noises at the sides of us and fastened our paces until I felt his hand slip away from mine.

-Flashback-

"Daddy?" I called out trying to see any sign of movement in the darkness, I was hoping he would call my name or say something to put my mind at ease but he didn't. I walked towards the end of the alleyway but got dragged back by a man.

"Don't move or scream" He ordered, My whole body froze and I tried to let out a scream but it was like my voice box had been ripped out. He commanded my brain and it obeyed. I felt a sharp pain on my neck and felt my warm blood trickle down my neck, It felt like my life was being sucked out of me. In a matter of minutes I felt so weak and closed my eyes hoping the pain would go away.

-End Of Flashback-

The next thing I remembered was waking up In hospital with my mum crying her eyes out to me saying that my dad had been killed. She never told me how but still I knew. After what happened that night my mother never let me out at night and made me stay with her. There was a lot of killings on the news after my incident. I'll never forget that night.

Anyway, I need to forget my past, like my mum said to me "The past is the past, You need to get over it one day" She never meant it though. Every time I looked in the mirror I could see the scar... Well two bite marks from that night, sounds stupid but I say it was a vampire.

Now I'm 16 and going back to school, fun huh? I haven't told you the best part, I have no friends because everyone bullies me. I'm more unpopular than unpopular. I don't understand why though, I wouldn't class myself as ugly... Probably because I'm not a bitch to people and I actually care about people's feelings. Roll on the fun.