Chapter 10

"Wake up, Ms. Sparks." I can feel someone shaking me.

"Emily, wake up!" I heard a deep enchanting voice say again and this time I wake with a start.

I find myself just inches away from his grey eyes, so captivating that I can easily drown in them.

"Your home is here, Emily." His minty cool breath fanned on my face.

I gulped, utterly disorientated and hating the effect he had on me. He suddenly pulled away and got out of the car.

In a matter of seconds he came around and held the door open for me. I got out of the car and when I was trying to remove his jacket, he spoke. "You can keep it."

I looked up at him, puzzled from the fact that how come he is suddenly being so nice to me.

"Come I'll walk you to your door."

"Oh you don't really have to do that."

"As such I don't approve living in such parts of the city but right now that I'm with you I'd like to make sure you reach inside your home safely. For the other days I don't really care even if you roam around by yourself after midnight."

"Wow. You do know how to degrade people who you think are beneath you."

For a split second I thought I saw guilt in his eyes, but it was gone in a flash of a second.

It occured to me belatedly that I never gave him my address when we sat in the car so how did he know where I lived.

"How did you know where I lived?"

He raised his brow and gave me a look. I murmured, "Never mind."

I took the spare key from under the plant pot and opened the door. Olivia was still not home.

Shall I invite Mr. Harrison inside the apartment? Or not? It was almost three in the morning. What if I invite him in and he takes it the wrong way?

I heard Mr. Harrison clear his throat and I swirled around. He was standing so close that I could feel his breath on my forehead. I looked up at him and found him already looking down at me. For a moment I stood there paralysed for the view before me was some to behold. His face was illuminated from the streetlights in such a manner that he looked utterly handsome and exquisite. I was not sure if this was a reality or dream.

"There is something I need to tell you." His voice shook me out of my daydream.

"Huh?"

"Whatever happened today, I need you to keep it to yourself. You will not speak about it to anyone and when I say anyone I mean to include even your roommate."

Does he know everything about my life?

"I need someone to talk to right? I don't even know what I was kidnapped for! You really cannot order me like this. It's my life and I can share whatever with whoever I want."

"You fail to understand the seriousness of the situation. Share whatever with whoever, I don't really give a damn. I just want you to keep your mouth shut about what happened today. And if anything happens, then you come to me."

"But you're so rude!" And I sealed my mouth shut.

"I don't need to learn my manner from you, Ms. Sparks."

I was so tired that I didn't bother to argue with him any furthur. I just wanted to go to bed and sleep away all the tiredness and fatigue. I wanted to think through clear mind about what happened today and right now my mind was all hazy and confused.

"Right. Once again, thank you Mr. Harrison, and good night."

"You can call me Xavier. Good night and don't forget to lock the door."

With that he strode away to his car. This man is so difficult to handle! But I was too tired to think any further about him or anything else so I quickly changed into shorts and comfortable oversized tee and hit the bed.