Chapter Two

Tsubaki's POV

"Too slow!" Krad barked at me. He took the gun from my hand and disassembled it in front of me in only a matter of seconds. I watched carefully as he assembled it once more so that I could get it properly. 

"This time I'll blindfold you." He said as he placed a white cloth over my eyes. Soon, I could not see anything. "I'll be putting all of the parts in the same place as before. Remember, let your instincts and your senses guide you. You were concentrating too much a while ago and that's why you lacked the rhythm."

I nodded as he whispered these words into my ear. Whether I liked it or not, what he said was true and I would have to accept it since he was more experienced than me.

"Go!"

I panicked at first but soon his constant reminders and instructions sunk into my mind. I grabbed the first part which was the recoil spring guide. I then inserted it into the recoil spring and then so on and so forth. I soon finished and felt the blindfold being taken off. In my hand was the finished Glock handgun.

"H-how many seconds?" I asked in a hesitant tone as I peered up to look into Krad's eyes. He grinned and showed me the stopwatch.

1.5 seconds.

I gasped. I was a millisecond faster than him!

"You did good," he congratulated me as he patted my shoulder. Oddly enough, I didn't feel disgusted about being touched by someone who willingly tortured a person in front of me. I didn't feel too much fear either.

Odd.

Just odd.

"Hai, Krad-san." I nodded as I looked over my shoulder and up towards him.

Krad then pulled me in front of a still target and commanded me to shoot. It was a tough lesson as usual since I had to deal with the recoil and all those other troublesome things. I needed to learn how to shoot both consecutively and accurately at the same time.

I also had other lessons concerning languages. I had to learn how to speak English, Italian, and a load of others. Brushing up my Japanese was also a part of those lessons. I actually groaned when I learned about Math and History for the first time.

(Krad had hit me with a stick when I did that. He didn't want to complain so I shut my mouth and did what I was told.) 

.

~

.

A year later~

I soon grew used to my daily routine which was to eat, study, train and then eat again. It was kind of monotonous but I found that I didn't mind it too much. I also grew used to Krad-san and Jin-san's presences whenever they were in vicinity (which was always by the way).

But that daily routine was soon destroyed when Krad informed out of the blue that I had to pack up. We were apparently heading to Italy and I nodded and did what I was told once more without a single protest. We used a different vehicle from the one they used to kidnap me before. I felt curious about it so I asked.

"Tch. Are you a silly little girl? Didn't I teach you that it's important to get rid of the evidence so that you don't end up bringing the police to your trail?" He said in annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry, Krad-san." I whispered.

He merely looked away as we rode to the airport in silence.

Our flight to Italy was a bit shorter since we used a private jet which belonged to the famiglia that the two men were working in. As we walked down the foldable stairs, a group of men in suits greeted us. 

"Welcome back!" They said respectfully in Japanese. Three of them rode in the same car as us and we were driven to a huge mansion. There were guards almost everywhere, I noted as I looked around.

Once we went inside, we were immediately sent to a richly-decorated meeting room. A circular wooden table was found in the middle. The floors were carpeted and the chairs looked rather soft to touch but I didn't dare try lest I feel the wrath of Krad-san.

The two bowed to which I immediately followed since I didn't want to get scolded. "You may stop bowing, Krad, Jin." A deep voice spoke which sent shivers to my spine.

"I see that you have a new companion," he spoke with noted interest. "Who is she?"

"She is someone whom I wish to recruit to our famiglia despite how young she is. She is quite talented, boss. After being trained under me for about a year, she greatly exceeded my expectations."

"Where did you find her?"

"She was a part of the first group of children we had kidnapped for the hostage plan but later I decided she would provide useful to me. She was...interesting. I also decided to get a substitute." The long silver-haired man answered.

"Ah, I see." He said. "You may also stop bowing, girl."

I stood up with my small legs and looked at him. He had unusual shaggy lime-colored hair and blue-colored eyes. He seemed to be studying me as he looked at me from head to toe.

"Frankly, I can't see anything of value from you." He told me quite rudely. I would have bristled at the insult if I were anyone else but I was me so I did not. "However, I'm willing to let you take a test. It's something to test whether you're fit to be in my famiglia or not. Get ready. In a few days, I'll be asking for you to do something for me."

"Yes, boss." I answered respectfully before we left the room. Krad led me to a door and told me to look for a woman named Anya. She had a bubbly personality so he said I wouldn't miss her. He bid me goodbye and I was soon left alone in the hallway.

Alright, here goes nothing. I thought nervously.