Unspoken Truth [One Shot]

DISCLAIMER: Taglish at its finest ang peg nito. 

***

It’s been a year since that car accident but she still can not move on. She lost him; She lost the one she loves. She still regrets not telling him how much she loves him, how much he meant to her.

If only they didn’t fight that day. If only she didn’t force him to go with her to that party, maybe he’s still with her today. She can’t stop her tears whenever he comes to her mind.

“Don’t cry it’ll ruin your make-up.” I said to her.

“Mind your own business.” She answered me emotionless.

“You are my business; I’ll go to the party with you. I don’t want a partner that looks like a clown.” I said again, trying my best to stop her tears.

She just glared me. She hates me. I’m not the one she wants. I’m not the one she loves. I’m not the Mave the she loves. She keeps on asking why she has to marry me.

She said her family was insensitive about her feelings because ten months after that car accident they announced her engagement with me. She was so devastated that time knowing that she’ll going to marry another man and until now, still devastated because she can’t do anything to save herself from our marriage. They all knew she can’t love any other guy but Mave, but we’re only doing this for her own sake. And for my sake also, to be honest.

“I said don’t cry.” I told her again.

“And I said mind your own business! Get out of my room!”  She threw her make-up kit to me and I think she saw the pain in my eyes before going out of her room.

I can’t really blame her behaviour towards me for I am not the Mave that she loves, I’m just some guy named Ricky that wanted to marry her badly.

While on our way to the party, I couldn’t stay still. I wanted to apologize to her because I don’t want seeing her mad.

“I am sorry for getting you mad,” I said then gently touched her hand. I felt some electricity between our hands when I touched her and I guessed she felt the same because she pulled her hand right away.

“I—it’s okay. I’m sorry also for shouting and throwing my make-up kit at you that’s so immature of me.” I could see that she’s fidgety when I touched her, it made my heart flutter.

“We’re here already,” I said and opened the door for her. She smiled meekly and from that I could sense that she remembered Mave with that kind of gesture.

“Thank you,” she said. I felt happy with those two words that came out from her beautiful lips.

I made sure that she won’t get bored on that party. I tried making conversations and dropped some punch lines, she would smile and laugh sometimes but every now and then, I would see the sadness in her eyes. How I wished she’ll learn to let go and love me instead.