The Final (Taylor POV)

We cleaned off our mud crusted hands and our instructor led us to the gate. She gave us out instructions and what the test was. I grabbed a bow and arrows, a package of food, and a fire starter kit. It was dark as the other two boys and I entered. We were the last group to enter. The instructor typed on another code, and in a flash the fence buzzed with electricity. "Perfect!" I mumbled.

   I walked straight ahead leaving behind the boys. Suddenly I felt a strong hand pull me to the side. I kicked and pulled but the grip only became stronger. "Shhhhh. It's me. It's me." Luke... I breathed out a sigh and placed my forehead against his shoulder. "C'mon." He leads me away from the gate and to a small, nearby clearing. We sit and I ask "What did you pick?" He pulled his bag next to him and dumped it out. A gun, a package of food, and a few knives fell out. He nodded to my bag and I reached toward it but someone ran up behind me, took it and ran. Luke picked up a knife and while sitting, in the pitch black, threw it, hitting the thief in the leg. "AHH!" The culprit screamed. Luke stood, walked over to the wounded man and picked up my bag and his knife.

      In the morning I woke to no Luke, just Luke's bag. I panicked and immediately started to look for him. I felt a tap on my shoulder and threw a punch towards that direction. "Ow." Luke said as he rubbed his cheek. "Sorry!" I cringed and looked at his face. I saw the bird in his hand and lifted up his arm holding it. "I thought the food they gave looked a little bleh." I laughed and thanked him.

     As we finished the bird the intercom crackled and over it came "Attention graduates. Due to ties and scoring purposes, the date of your graduation will be moved to next Wednesday. So, in the meantime, get comfy. You will receive no further supplies. "Gosh dang!" Luke cried aloud. He picked up his knife in frustration and threw it at a nearby tree. I grabbed his hand and tightly squeezed it. He squeezed it back, calming down. At that moment we heard a rustle in the bushes. Luke grabbed his gun aiming...