Chapter Twenty Eight

The next morning is a blur of new faces. Julian eats breakfast with us, sends Piper and I away in a taxi to meet with Mr. Tolbern, then stays with Charlie at the hotel. Jason tells us he's going over to Leo's in a little bit, then he already has plans to look at a few houses.

"He showed me this one last night and I told him he should check it out and see if it's worth looking into. It's perfect, near the school he already picked out, and near the construction sight. From the pictures online, it looks beautiful," Piper tells me in the car as she brings up one of the houses on her phone.

"Once Jason finds your home, he needs to get started on the house hunt for Charlie and I. He's our housewife now."

"Our?" Piper questions with a smirk. "I believe I'm the one married to him. You had a chance at Leo a few years ago. To think we gave up on the idea of making brother-housewives out of the two of them." I laugh at the joke we made so many years ago.

"We actually looked at a few houses in that neighborhood. One of them is back to back with the house Jason's looking at, but we ruled it out because it was a bit to small. This house only had three bedrooms, it would be a good size for you and Charlie." Piper pulls up the other house, and I send the link to Charlie so we can discuss looking at it later. "Jason wants a big house, two stories, five bedrooms, an office, and a giant kitchen for all of the cooking I'm sure he plans on doing."

After a few minutes of silence, Piper voices her thoughts about the child. "He would be such great father to a son, playing catch together, teaching his son how to sword fight, and making his son feel awkward by talking about girls and stuff. But he would also have a complete 'Daddy's little princess,' thing going on if it's a girl. He would spoil her rotten, teach her how to whoop a persons butt, and he would see her as a perfect being. Secretly, I think Jason knows this so he is planning a big house to try and persuade me into having a bigger family." Piper seems lost in a daze, focused on the sort of dad Jason would be.

"You should want a huge family." I tell her after a moment.

"Why?" Curiosity rings through her voice. "You only had Charlie and your content, my dad is happy with just me."

"Piper you'd be an amazing mother. Your son and you would go out to talk about how crazy Jason is. You'll be the type of mom that brings out lemonade and encourages them with everything, even if it is crazy. You'll let him do anything and be an emotional train wreck when he spends his first week away from home." I pause a moment to take a breath then continue. "With a daughter, you would be even more perfect. You would take her out to concerts or meet and greets and stuff, and you would pretend to be the cool mom. You'd take her to midnight movie premiers on Thursday nights, allowing her to miss school the next day and not telling Jason. Keeping her out of school the whole day after a 9am doctors appointment because you already took the morning off, 'might as well do something productive at the store, then-oh look, it's the evening. Guess time got away.' Your going to be that sort of mother, like Jason is. You would love that." Piper smiles a genuine smile and hugs me. Soon after, the car pulls into a business parking lot. We go to the lobby then look around for a desk. The women in charge, Delia, seems to know who we are immediately. She has her assistant get us coffee, then the assistant leads us up a few flights of stairs, and through corridors with various turns. When we open the door the room quiets. Mr. Tolbern stands up, shakes our hand, and introduces us to the other people in the room.

"Everyone, this is Annabeth Chase and Piper McLean-Grace, our Architecture specialists and designers. Annabeth, Piper, this is Frank and Fiona Panagakos, Bella Livas,  Lamar Bakas, and Alonzo Carboni, Julians father. These people are the founders of the museum and the ones you will have to get all of the designs approved by. We've looked at the designs you showed me already and everyone loves them." The greetings from the founders are warm, telling us how excited to be working with us they are. We all sit down and I pull up my laptop with all of the designs. The meeting consists partially of work and partially of learning about each other. We tell them a bit about how we got here, our family's, and other random facts about us. They do the same. They love my ideas, and fall for Pipers charisma. Later, I decide this was the best choice. This job will be good for me. Hopefully, the move will be good for Charlie too.