One I Love

I left Austin's around 5:30 and headed over to my boyfriends house. After a long week of working and hardly communicating, I just needed to smoke a joint or two with him.

Me: Hey baby, what's up?

Nate: Hey babe, just got done rolling this extendo. You should come over.

Me: I was actually going to ask if I could.I'll be over in 20, love you.

Nate: Love you too babygirl.

I stop by this cute Chinese restaurant and pick up some food for Nate and I, love seeing the look on his face when i surprise him with his favorite meals. As i was driving, i had a quick thought and decided to pick up a bottle too. Get his favorite, Jack Daniel's, then I headed over.

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I see a little head peaking out of the window. I grab the bottle and food and head torwards the house. We sit down, drink a little and eat while The Twilight Zone plays. I've missed days like these so much.

Me: I've missed moments like these with you.

Nate: So have I, my love.

He leans in for a kiss. I just don't know what it is about them that make me melt. We continue kissing and things continue to get more intense. My body heat warms up because how intensively I crave him. I climb on top of him while our lips still locked together. His goes in to remove my shirt until his phone starts ringing. I see that it was his mom calling as he leaves the room to answer the phone.

Nate: Fuck, hold on..

It was about 10 minutes before he came back into the room but the expression on his face tore my heart into a million pieces immediately. His eyes, swollen from the hard crying. His face red in hurt and disappointment.

Me: What happened?

Nate: My dad just passed away. His was in a bad motorcycle accident. A semi hit him and crushed his skull.

I didn't even have the words to reply, I was shocked. I've been with Nate since we were freshman's. I never grew close to his dad and neither did he, but I know how important he was to him. I absolutely hate seeing the one I love in so much pain.

I ended up staying over because he needed a shoulder to cry on. Plus, I needed to keep an eye on him. News like this and how bad his depression is... I just can't leave him by himself.

Me: Do you want me to make you some soup, my love? You just lay down and watch some tv. I'll be right back.

Nate: Santana...

Me: Yes?

Nate: I love you so much, I don't know what I'd do without you by my side.

Me: Baby, I love you too and I told you that I'm not going anywhere.

Everytime I think of how my life would be without Nate, I just want to break down. He was just my bestfriend at first, who knew he would be the whole world to me.