Chapter 6

"Kozume Kenma, Kuroo Tetsurou, and Oikawa Tooru, please report to the King's room immediately!"

     Nervousness. That was all Oikawa could feel when he was called to the King's room. He was shaking with excitement and had Iwaizumi hug and reassure him that everything will work out.

"Prince Oikawa of Aoba Jousai, I have made my decision," the whispering stopped and silence pierced the room. "I am allowing you 5,000 men in battle."

Oikawa grinned, Kenma and Kuroo patted him on the back, and the Guards were mumbling something.

"In exchange for my troops, I am expecting your assistance in battle." Oikawa bowed, cheering internally.

"I cannot express my gratitude, Your Highness."

"I also expect that Kuroo," the young man looked up at the call of his name. "To set him off on his journey. I'm sure you plan on allying with other kingdoms as well?"

Oikawa didn't know any other kingdoms. He knew he could have if he had paid attention in his history lessons, but the boy had preferred flirting with ladies (and men) over studying the kingdoms in the region.

"Your Highness, I'm afraid I don't know of any other Kingdoms besides Aoba Jousai and Nekoma." The King sighed and stood up, ushering him to a desk with a map on it. He pointed out the different regions and Oikawa had been handed a pen and paper to write down notes about each Kingdom.

Fukurodani- Strong kingdom with a love for nature and animals
Shiratorizawa- Strong military defenses and a young but powerful ruler
Karasuno- Somewhat strong military, getting stronger

Oikawa took in more about each kingdom, learning more in a one hour Nekoma lesson than a year of Aoba Jousai's lessons.

"So where do you believe you wish to depart to next?"

"If I may add something," Kuroo added, walking up behind the King and Prince. "I believe it would be the easiest to travel to the Fukurodani Kingdom from here, and then stop by Shiratorizawa and finally Karasuno. It would bring you closer to Aoba Jousai if you follow that path."

Oikawa looked at the map a bit longer and made his decision. "I agree. When can you have the troops ready?"

"I'll go check on that. In the meantime, have the servants prepare us lunch." The boys bowed and as soon as the King walked out the doors, Oikawa let out a huge breath he didn't know he was holding.

    Kuroo ran towards Prince Kenma, enveloping him in a huge hug.

"I told you I could do it, Kenma! Where's my present?" The man asked, seeming giddy with anticipation for an unknown reason.

     Kenma reached up and kissed Kuroo on the cheek and Oikawa felt a pang in his heart. He knew it couldn't be jealousy, because he had already established his feelings for Iwaizumi but tried to suppress it well.

"Stop staring, Oikawa."

"Stop making out in the middle of the walkway, Kuroo." He stuck his tongue out and started to walk past the two of them, and as he was about to close the door, he said in a low voice, "Thank you."

    And the faintest "You're welcome." could be heard.

"We get to go to Karasuno?!" Kageyama exclaimed with excitement.

"Did you not hear the other Kingdoms we're visiting, Kageyama?" Oikawa sighed at his simple-minded former servant.

"Karasuno has the best everything! They have so many people and a bigger garden and better foods for the servants and-"

"I thought you were loyal to Aoba Jousai." Kageyama got flustered and started to rub his hands.

"I read about the Karasuno Kingdom in some books and it seemed like a really nice place..." Kageyama mumbled, his cheeks getting red of embarrassment because of his love for another Kingdom.

"Stop teasing Tobio, Tooru. It's not like I would want to stay at Aoba Jousai if you're the leader."

"So mean, Hajime!"

"Do you three want to eat or continue screaming?" Kenma said, standing in the doorway with a hand on his hips.

The group was lead to the dining room, full of chandeliers and paintings and delicious food. Oikawa hadn't eaten a proper meal for quite a while, and the smell was making his mouth water.

"Let's eat!"