Chapter I: The Stranger in White

As you may know, this world is inhabited by strange and wonderful creatures known as Pokémon.  What you may not know is that there was a time when these creatures fought wars for us. Now centuries later those who sought to start these wars are back, and they seek to start them once more.

*************************************

Battles. Battles raged throughout an empty field. The ground was naught but dirt, and dust. The scars of the powerful moves had been made. There were at least ten trainers hashing it out, calling moves out to each of their Pokemon. They were powerful, top tier fighters, but today was not their lucky day.

From atop a hill, a single figure stood out against the sun at his back. There was a horrid presence about him as he glared over the battle scarred field. The sight disgusted him. Soon he was noticed by one of the trainers, and soon all battles came to a stop. The male they looked upon was dressed in pure white, with his left hand tucked neatly into his pocket. The other was gripped about a small sphere.

From the back of the crowd someone yelled out over the silence that now seeped through the hardened battlers.

"It's him! The one everyone keeps talking about! The perfect trainer!"

The statement seemed to elicit an accumulative gasp from those around. Moments later though, all those trainers were directing their Pokemon to strike out at the male.

The male in white simply stood there as the attacks approached him. A single tear rolled down his cheek, and just before the attacks were to hit they were blasted away. It was as if there was a barrier around him that kept him safe.

"How sad it is when the violence of such simpletons destroys an area that used to be so beautiful."

His voice was sorrowful, but also stern. Slowly he lifted his right hand, and the white ball expanded into a poke-ball. It was pure white with a single Crimson star upon it. This simple movement seemed to send a shudder down the spines of all present. With a flick of his wrist he tossed the ball behind him. With a burst, a shadow grew from behind him.

Now was the time that the other trainers began to fear what stood before them. Some tried to run, but they didn't get very far. With screams they, and their Pokemon were blasted to ash from the Pokemon that the male had summoned. The trainers that had stayed now decided to fight. They ordered attack after attack, but each one was deflected as though it was nothing. The males frown deepened as he rose his hand, and spoke once more.

"Deliver punishment to those who destroy the planet because of their greed."

The command was simple, and only moments later a massive wave of energy ripped through the field, and decimated everything in the area. Humans, Pokemon, even the few remaining plants were destroyed. All that remained was the male in white, and the massive shadowy Pokemon behind him. With a sorrowful look, the male recalled the powerful being.

"I will cleanse this world. Even if I must wipe it clean."

These were the words that were spoken in hushed tones by the mysterious person. After which he turned away from the scene, and vanished into the hills of the Hoenn region. He was loose, and any trainer unfortunate enough to cross him would feel the wrath of his mysterious Pokemon.