Chapter 1

•Shé•

As I put my groceries into my fridge I watch the little girls from next door tear the roses off of my bush. I don't care. I don't have the energy to express my displeasure.

The sound of my cellphone brings me out of my gaze. I walk over and answer. "Hello? Sh speaking."

The voice I hoped to never hear again says "I see you still answer the phone as if people don't know who they're calling."

"Xander?" I gasp. "Why are you calling me?"

"Well seeing that you were my wife I'm just calling to check on you. See how the other side is doing. You did deny me the pleasure of keeping a eye on you." After a pause Xander continues, "Are you not happy to hear from me? Tell me Shé, has a new man taken up residence in your heart. The heart that you vowed was mine until death, in front of God and our families. Have you given your body away? Shé do you not love the sound of my voice anymore?"

Flustered and distressed by his words I retort " Where was this sweet talk during our marriage? Ah I know, you saved it for the whores you cheated on me with. I loved you Xander. As much as I hate to admit it I still love you. I cannot simply stop loving you because you hurt me and abused my love for you. I love you just as much as I did when I said I do, if not more. But no I don't love the sound of your voice anymore, it brings back to many bittersweet memories. Memories I wish to keep buried so I can move on and learn how to cope with the heartbreak you caused. So please don't call me anymore."

"Fine Shé, I will refrain from calling you but mark my words. You will be my wife again. I made a mistake but mistakes are fixable and I want to fix us. I still love you sweetheart and I will never stop loving you." Xander declares then ends the call.

I look at the phone like it melted in my hand. I can't take this man and his declarations today.

°Xander°

I don't understand how my marriage to Shé turned into this. How could two people that love each other grow so far apart? I know how. It started when my mama died. I wouldn't let Shé in, I wouldn't let her be there for me and from there things went downhill fast.

I know she still loves me, and I'm positive I love her. I will not give up on our marriage again. Not being with her is killing me slowly. I will find a way to get her back.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: Shé above. Pronounced (Shay).
Editing & Changing some things in the story.