Chapter 3

-Shé-

Once I get home I jump into the shower to get ready for Xander and I date. I put on a pair of comfortable tights with a baby blue t-shirt. Once dressed I head to the kitchen and start cooking. I decide to cook chicken and dumplings, Xander's all time favorite. As soon as I put the plates down on the dinning table the doorbell rings. I go and answer the door, Xander is standing there with a bottle of red wine.

I smile and say "The locks are still the same, you could've let your self in." Stepping back from the door to let him slide past, "You don't have your keys?"

He walks to kitchen counter and says "I figured you changed the locks on the door. Did you cook my favorite?"

I laugh and say "You've just walked in and you already smell what I'm cooking. Somethings never change."

"Now baby you know I can smell what your cooking from anywhere in the world, that's just how good your food is. It'll make a dead man come out of the grave."

I laugh at his way of describing my cooking. "Come on and sit at the table and I'll bring the food."

I watch him walk to the kitchen table, body tall and graceful. He stands at 6'4, 210 pounds. But he's a gentle giant. I've never seen him hurt anyone, of course except me but that wasn't physical just mentally.

As we sit down to eat I ask him "How's the construction company going?" He looks up at me, smiles and says "It has been doing fine."

"Just fine?" I ask.

"Well when you and me split I kinda stopped going to work. And the company suffered."

The split affected him that much?

"How's your parents been doing?" I ask, even though me and Xander have only been split for 4 months.

He laughs and says "Baby, we've only been separated a little while, but they are doing great. Mama misses you coming over to the house, and daddy calls me an idiot every time he sees me. He says that it takes a special type of stupid to let you go."

I melt a bit more. He knows that when he calls me baby he can get anything from me. I can imagine his father calling him an idiot. I giggle at the thought.

Xander says "I miss your laughter so much." He looks at me with so many emotions flickering in his eyes.

-Xander-

I looked at Shé, so beautiful with her short jet black hair. Her smooth, silky ebony skin. Just gorgeous. I miss her so much. No other woman can take her place. She doesn't know I'm sick. I have Lung Cancer. Right now it's managable but it's continuously getting worse. I want to be with Shé as long as I possibly can before I get too sick.

I watch her blush from my stare. I say "Beautiful I'm sorry for breaking your heart."

She grasps my hand and says "All is forgiven."