reality

#WeLoveYouCalum

::

It was a cold day. The leaves rustled in the trees and fell to the cold cement ground as the nearing winter approached. The dark clouds in the sky were waiting for the perfect temperature to drop their white moisture onto the ground that everyone dreaded. The cracked and re-paved streets were slippery with ice as the cars were passing, eager to get to their destinations. All the lamp posts were decorated nicely with holiday lights and all the store fronts were littered with posters about upcoming sales.

Inside the hotel room the fire place was going, the coffee pot brewing a dark roast as he sat there on the couch wrapped in a blanket. The heated wood planks that alined the room were turned up so left a hazy warmth in the room. The tv was showing random re runs that weren't the slightest bit interesting but it was the only thing that could play, being there was no cable.

The coffee maker beeped, signaling its roast was done and ready to be drank. He didn't get up to go fetch himself a cup though. He hadn't been sleeping so he had no more energy to exude. The coffee was supposed to help that but he couldn't bring himself to get up.

All of his friends were out partying but he didn't feel like going out knowing the camera lights were going to be pushed into their faces all night. Thats what he always wanted to escape. The cameras. He hated the fact that ever since his band started he could get no privacy wherever he went. Thats why he always stayed in. Whenever one of the other boys would offer to take him out for the night he would turn the offer down because he didn't want it to be publicized everywhere. He knew that everyone would riot if he walked out of the bar at the same time as a stranger. People would assume he was dating them when it was just a coincidence they walked out at the same time. That is what would happen. The media likes to twist things so their article will get more views then the others. And that is why he stayed in, to avoid all the press coming after him and ruining his "fun" night.

Sometimes he wished that the band never happened so at this very moment he could be sitting at home, possibly playing football and attending college. He could be content with his family situation instead of only seeing his family a few times a year. That was one of the breaking factors, never seeing your family as much as you would like.

He was never all that great with handling stress, going through his last few years of being a teenager in the spotlight. It was a lot to put on a person. Not many people could relate to him anyways. The other boys in the band loved the publicity because it made them happy along with making all the fans happy. Don't get him wrong, he loved performing on stage and making the fans as happy as they could be, but sometimes it was overwhelming and he wanted his private life to stay private.

He decided to shoot a tweet out saying, "Calum5SOS: One day I will leave and live a normal life." He knew that could back fire but he locked his phone anyways and went back to watching the television. When the commercial came he unlocked his phone once more and he saw the fam starting to make a hashtag saying they loved him. He knew that was true. He deleted the tweet to stop the rioting but he knew that he had started a riot because everything he tweeted was documented no matter how long it was posted for.

He looked through the hashtag and saw hundreds of pictures and tweets dedicated to him and he let a tear slip down his cheek. He was so grateful for the fans but sometimes he wished he just could live a normal life. He thought that everyone deserved a private life and the media didn't understand that.

He locked his phone once again and leaned his head back onto the couch to think. He didn't want to have a pity party with himself but that seemed like the best thing. He thought about sending his band mates a text saying he wanted them to come back but they were probably drunk and having the time of their life, so he didn't text them.