Freshmen year

Hi sorry it's probably really bad because it's my very first book and please if it's bad please tell me.

     I woke up to my phone ringing. I didn't want to get up yet because it was a Saturday morning, my time to sleep-in. Everyone in my family knows this, so they wouldn't be calling me unless it was an emergency. So, I decided to answer the phone. "Hello?" I said, still half asleep.

"Hi. Is this Rose?" The person on the other side of the phone said.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"Oh, um, well I'm a friend of your father's. There has been a little accident."

"What! What kind of accident?" I was freaking out now because in the past few years he has been to the hospital so many times because he's got some sort of rare cancer in the heart.

"Okay, well I'm not exactly sure what happened. I'm just supposed to inform you about him and arrange a ride for you to the hospital."
I'm fully awake now. I hung up and ran to my bathroom. I took a quick shower and got dressed with what ever was comfortable because I figured I would be there awhile.

When I was ready to leave and half way out the door, I realized I didn't wait long enough to ask when and by who I was getting a ride from. So, I just sit there, on our porch swing, for about 5 minutes until finally someone drove up and honked.

It was my best friend, Ryan. I'm so glad it was him driving me and not some total, complete stranger.
-------
     When we finally got to the hospital, I jogged to the front desk and asked for my father. They told me I had to wait a bit because they were still running tests, but after a couple of minutes a nurse come up and showed us to my father's room.

When I got there I immediately asked the nurse what happened and if he was going to be okay. She replied with,"It was just a minor heart attack, but he's going to have to stay here for a couple of days. That way we can keep an eye on him."

Hearing this he said,"No way am I staying here with all these diseases running around here. Now, Rose, I'm going to go to the bathroom and I'll meet you and Ryan outside." With that he gets up with a little help from the nurse and goes to the bathroom. After the door closes the nurse comes to me and whispers,"He must stay here, with the heart attack and the cancer..., um, he's most likely going to die, expecially when he's not being monitored 24/7 with his medication." During all this no one spoke. I think it was because we were all still shocked. We knew this day would come, but I just couldn't believe it. We all were still quiet until all of a sudden we hear a groan and then a loud thud. The nurse ran to the bathroom, but it was locked. She ran out to the hallway and yelled for a doctor.

When they finally opened the door, I saw it, my father lying on the floor out cold. I felt like I just got my heart ripped right out of my chest.