Bite Me

Credit to: happilylarry (ao3)

_________

Being groomed for alpha was hard enough. Now, mix in moving to a completely different location and losing three of his pack's omegas to outsiders, and you've got a disaster. Or, so it was in Harry's eyes. He was told not to worry; they weren't his omegas and he wasn't the alpha yet. But he did worry. Their pack was under attack and he had no idea why, and when he found a suitable mate, the problems that his stepdad faced would be his.

Joy.

Now, moving to Alaska was not his idea. He was against it wholly. Instead of facing their problems, they were running. When it came to fight or flight, he was always the fight, living up to his alpha status, even though it didn't help his reputation. He was so cliched as an alpha-strong, tall, and angry all the time. His looks may get him omegas all of the time, but none bothered to stay. Frankly, none were worth it, either.

His mother had sat him down time after time and explained that he would just know when he met his mate. She said that it was worth the wait, and going around tarnishing his reputation with airhead omegas would get him in trouble one day with the one omega that would matter. He would always scoff and say that if he he hasn't already found his omega, there was no hope for him.

He got pitying looks from the pack elders, especially their wives, because ideally, he would already have his omega right now, and ideally, they would be having their first of many pups. Realistically, he was almost twenty-one, single, and in six months, the pack was to be his, ready or not. That's why it was so crucial for him to get an omega and knock them up.

No, he wasn't too keen on having babies, but it was expected of the pack leader to have at least one male offspring. But, he believed in tradition, and tradition was that the omegas were kept around for mating, having babies, and keeping the house. But, of course, times have changed and now omegas were kept for general companionship and they were sought after highly.

It went against everything he believed in. Omegas were to be seen and not heard. Omegas were to cook and clean and raise the pups and provide a home. Maybe it was his belief in this that always made the omegas scamper after they got whatever they wanted from him. Oh well. He just needed to find an omega that honored their own and knew their place.

-

Sitka, Alaska was not at all what Harry expected. He expected to see people with guns walking around, snow falling, and bears roaming around freely, cohabiting with the population. Well, he wasn't entirely wrong. It was snowing. Lightly, but it was still snowing. But he didn't see any bears or guns. Yet.

If it were up to him, he would not have chosen Sitka. Anchorage, maybe. Juneau, even. But Sitka? It wouldn't have even been in his top five. Hell, Alaska wasn't even in his top five. He would much prefer Maine or something on the coast. Washington or Oregon. But Alaska was too cold for him, even if he had the body temperature of a furnace. He didn't like all of the snow.

His pack mates seemed to love it, though. Or they just liked watching their omega try to make a snowman, smiling like fools. Love-struck idiots. Harry couldn't help but roll his eyes at the sight. It didn't go unnoticed, and soon, Liam, his oldest friend, was by his side, bumping their arms together.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, his breaths hitting the space around them in puffs of white.

"Doesn't feel right here." Harry answered truthfully. One of his main goals was to find an omega, a decent omega, and there was no way he would ever find one in Sitka, Alaska.