Packing for An Adventure

Killian's POV

After I finally convince Emma to go on this trip, I leave the bathroom, and start packing our clothes.
I pack mine first mostly because I don't know what Emma wants to wear.
She comes out of the bathroom, and sits on the bed.
"Emma?" I stop what I'm doing. "Emma?" I ask again. I walk over to her and sit next to her. "Emma?" I say again.

"What?" She asks startled.

"Something wrong?" I ask with a worried expression.

"That's become a quite common question for you, hasn't it?" She says with a hint of sarcasm.

"Look, Emma, you might not like how many times I ask you this, but I'm not going to stop. It is my job to protect you, well at least I hope it's my job to protect you." I say sternly.
She sighs,

"I have to show you something." She stands up and goes to a small drawer with a lock.
She digs through her bag sitting next to the drawer.
She pulls out a key. She unlocks the drawer hesitantly. She takes out a small box and hands it to me.
"This is the only thing I have left of him." I look up at her. She has teary eyes.
I open the box carefully. I take out the small object that I saw her put away earlier.
I take it out to reveal a little blue rattle. The small rattle is pirate themed. It has the famous Captain Hook and Smee from the cartoons.
I just stare at it not knowing what to say.
"It was Henry's. I never got the chance to give it to him." She stands in front of me.

"This is what you were hiding?" I look up at her.

"Yes." She has disappointment in her eyes.

"What about everything else? I mean you have to have had more for his room." I state.

"I lost everything to a fire a few months after I lost him... I don't even have a picture of him." Tears now pouring out her her emerald eyes. "I'm sorry, Killian, I was going to tell you, but I was scared that you would leave me, or find someone el-" I jump up hugging her as I tight as I can without hurting her.

"Emma, I will never leave you." I whisper in her ear.

"Well, I figured-" I interrupt her.

"Emma, don't you understand? I don't care what's happened in your past. Nothing you have done, will ever make me leave you, or change the way I feel about you." I pull away and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Really?" She asks surprised.

"Of course, love." She brings me into a tight embrace.
After a few minutes, we finally break apart and start packing again.
She takes the rattle and puts hit back in the box. She puts it back in the drawer and locks it.
-

After we finish packing I can see that Emma is hesitant about this trip.
I walk behind her and wrap my arms around her stomach.
"Emma we don't have to go on this trip, if you don't want to."

"No, no I want to go." She turns around.

"Are you sure? If you don't feel comfortable we don't have to go." I say seriously.

"No, Killian, I want to go." She gives me a reassuring smile.
We hear a knock on the door. I let go of her and walk to the door.
I open it. As I do it reveals Mary Margaret and David.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know you were coming over." I say surprised.

"Oh, is this a bad time?" Mary asks.

"No, no come in." I open the door wider as the enter our home.

"Are you two going somewhere?" She asks looking at our bags.

"Just a little trip." Emma says coming out of our room.

"Really? When did you two plan this?" She asks going over to Emma.

"It was a... last minute decision." Emma smiles.

"Well, I hope you two have fun."

"Thanks." Emma says.

"Where too?" David asks.

"Ummm..." I stutter.

"Not telling." Emma says quickly.
Nice save, Emma.

"Why?" Mary asks confused.

"Cuz if we tell you, you will show up out of nowhere." Emma states.

"I wouldn't do that." She argues.

"Really?" Emma rolls her eyes.

"Okay maybe..." we all laugh. I walk over to Emma and give her a kiss.

"What was that for?" She asks pulling away.

"Just because." I smile and kiss her cheek.
I walk to our room, and pick up some of her bags.
I walk down to my car and put them in the back. I turn around to find Emma leaning against the wall of the building.
"I didn't see you come out." I walk over to her.

"I'm quiet like that." I stand right in front of her. She wraps her arms around my neck.
I push her against the building and kiss her. A few seconds later we break apart.
"Did I ever tell you, you are an amazing kisser?" She smirks.

"No need to tell me, love." I kiss her again and we walk back to the apartment, to continue putting the bags in the car.
After we finish putting everything in the car, Emma and I say goodbye to Mary Margaret and David.
I open Emma's door, as she sits down.

"Such a gentleman." She smiles at me.

"I know." I smile back.
I walk to my side of the car, and sit down. We wave goodbye to Mary and David, as we pull out of the parking lot.

"So, where are we 'really' headed?" She asks as I take her hand.

"It's a surprise."